[RP; All Welcome; Limit 5 RPers] A new land?

A general writing-based forum- stories, poetry and the like, as well as roleplays and Werewolf signups.
Anza

[RP; All Welcome; Limit 5 RPers] A new land?

Post by Anza »

((So, yeah. RP. Aqui and Chee need to interract more, but of course everyone else is welcome too, not just me and Danielle :) ))

Aquiviara had no idea what had just happened. One instant she had been happily tending her oyster-bed on the edge of the Razor Reef, the next she was upside-down on the surface of a strange ocean...

Flipping over, she looked about her. The Draik Clan territory, where she had been but a moment ago, was not anywhere in her field of vision.

"It's as if it has disappeared" she whispered to herself...

Once again, life as she knew it had been irrevocably changed for the young Draik. So she did what she always did when such things happened - she turned and swam away; swimming like a madman, putting all her energy into the physical effort so that she would not think about it, would not wonder why.

She was a resiliant dragon, was Aqui. In her situation one had to be. But the fact that she would probably get over it eventually did not comfort her, and the swimming didn't seem to help either...

((You with land-Draiks don't worry; she'll reach the land soon but I want to wait for a reply from Danielle first and a meeting with Chee. :D Daksin will be on the land.))
Last edited by Anza on 14 Mar 2006 03:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Origami Dragon

Post by Origami Dragon »

((Yay! RP! *throws Chee at Aqui* Oh, and for those of you who have no clue who or what Chee is; Chee's a ghost, eight years old at death. Technically a draik, but rather more dragonish. See here for reference picture. Yes, Chee is an 'it'. Was female in life, now essentially genderless. Full name: Mischeevous.))

Weird. The ghost sat, roughly ten feet from the ocean floor, looking all around. Where'd all the nice fishies and the reef gone? It had been playing, chasing the fish all around the brightly colored coral reef that surrounded the Clan Territories, and then the world had...moved? Now that reef was nowhere to be seen. But there did still seem to be fish. Just different ones, ones that didn't swim off at the first distant sighting of the ghost. Neat! Back home the fish knew Chee, knew enough to avoid it. But these fish didn't seem bothered yet.

With a happy trill the ghost began bouncing towards them, only to realize that this was underwater. You didn't bounce underwater! You swam! And so the ghost easily shifted to swimming motions, front legs tucked up and tail moving as though pushing it through the water. Though since the ghost lacked any substance it didn't actually need to do this.

Halfway to the fish something caught Chee's eye. Stopping and sitting up it looked. Draikie? Draikie! That distant form swimming away looked familiar! Warbling joyfully the ghost changed direction and shot off after the distant form. Playmate!
Siggy image made by EofS long ago...
Anza

Post by Anza »

Aqui stopped as the ghost shot by her.

"Chee!" she exclaimed, deeply relieved to see one she recognized in this new, strange, place, "Chee, the territories disappeared. They're gone! Gone!" Panic was evident in the sea-dragons voice.

In the distance a coast could be seen. A strange unfamiliar coast but a coast all the same...

Daksin sat up, dazed. One second ago he had been dancing around in a field of snowdrops. The flowers, slightly bigger than the tiny Draiks front paws, were beautiful to him. But then it was as if everything faded, and he had woken up on the cold hard earth. It looked like what used to a grassland, but the grass was yellow and dead. In the distance the hot sun sparkled off an ocean. He took to the air and flew in that direction. Maybe there would be something he recognised over that way. At least there was something different there than the dry grassland that stretched around him in all directions...
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

((At the risk of being rude... A draik only RP? Here? Is there any reason why you have to exclude other species? It just seems elitist. Draik Clan, okay, sure, but here?

I even have a draik, but his personality isnt cemented yet so I'm debating over RPing with him. On the other hand, I do have an eyrie, ixi, kougra, pteri, and various other random pets with solid personas that I wouldnt mind RPing with.

Feel free to ignore me, if I really wanted to RP with my pets I'd have created a board myself or done more to actively seek out people outside of NC. I'm just slightly disturbed that when a board finally comes up, it is limited to only one species; I'd probably feel the same if it were moehogs rather than draiks. ))
Anza

Post by Anza »

((It's Draik-only because it's supposed to be the Draiks from the Draik Clan winding up dumped in a new land when the DC suddenly disappears. The land appears to be deserted at first by all but the Draiks that suddenly appeared there. There may be natives or there may not, but they won't meet them untill they've met up with each other and everything. When that's done I'll change the title to reflect that and other pets can join in... ones who live in the land or have travelled there from another place...))
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

((I'm not sure if it being basically DC only is makes it more elitist or if the prospect of it being open to other species eventually makes it better...

But if your going to have it open for others eventually, it seems odd not to open for all the time.

But, eh, nice to have a clarification. I'll see how long my powers of resistance keep me from joining. :P ))
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Anza wrote:((It's Draik-only because it's supposed to be the Draiks from the Draik Clan winding up dumped in a new land when the DC suddenly disappears. The land appears to be deserted at first by all but the Draiks that suddenly appeared there. There may be natives or there may not, but they won't meet them untill they've met up with each other and everything. When that's done I'll change the title to reflect that and other pets can join in... ones who live in the land or have travelled there from another place...))
Err, are all the Draiks who rp from the DC going to find this and participate? Because that could get, err, big. o_0 From my few ventures into DC space it seemed that most everyone there liked rp'ing, which is why I never stayed long. =D

Anyway, I'm with Tiel. I don't think there should be DC only type activities here - we're Neocolours, not the DC in abstentia.

/two cents>
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Anza

Post by Anza »

((No, no. Probably only Chee and Aqui and Daksin will meet up. But actually, this RP was really only going to be for them (I was going to make it private at first) but then I decided to let others join in.

Y'know what. If it really bothers you guys that much I'll open it to everyone, but I wasn't wanting a big giant RP like my last attempt here turned out like, so I had to have some way of limiting it if I didn't want to make it private. And if I'd made it private you probably would have been even more put out with me.

See, this is why I don't post more at Neocolours. Every post I make I worry that someone will take it the wrong way, or think it's stupid, or think I'm being eliteist or something. It's not just here, though. I'm like that at DC too. I guess it's just the stresses of talking to people. Grah!))
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

((Anza, all you need is a "Limit to 5 players only!" or some such. :P That I completely understand and have no problem with, and if anyone doesnt like that they have don't have a good of idea how roleplaying works.

And, yes, that is one of the problems with the Internet, is that everyone can read what you say and will judge you based on what you say. But *hugs* don't worry about it too much. Just don't try to bring two communities into each other, or use them as a replacement for eachother. I'd make an analogy about misusing the DC general chat board, but I have no idea what goes on there so I don't think it would be an accurate unless it involved horse hentai stuff. :P ))
Origami Dragon

Post by Origami Dragon »

((Yes, perhaps a better way to deal with it would be to allow anyone and any species to join, but limit it to the first five or six humans at most, with a set maximum number of pets/characters per person to avoid it getting huge and confusing? I agree, I don't want to wind up with a dozen or more people, that just gets hard to manage. What say you Anza? It might be nice for Chee to meet someone other than just draiks.))

Swish-swish, through the water, try to race for fun and play! It took Chee a moment to realize that it had not only caught up to the other but gone right past her. Spinning around, moving backwards for a moment before managing to actually stop, the ghost grinned at Aqui.

"Aqui! Hi hi! You finded you here too?" Its ears pricked forwards with interest. And only then did the ghost appear to notice what Aqui had just said. "Gone? All gone?! No more see t'ere? Why? No is good be gone. Chee liked." More confused than worried just yet Chee twitched its whiskers in disaproval. It liked the territories.

Shaking its head Chee looked around. "We here now. We go see where here is t'en? Go 'splore! See? Is land! Maybe new friend live t'ere! Go see!" And with that it began trying to tug at Aqui's paws, trying to draw her along. Not that this did anything since the ghost couldn't actually touch its friend.
Anza

Post by Anza »

((OK, then *goes to change Thread title*

Yeah, I guess I was subconsiously trying to "replace" the DC here. It's just that, whenever NC goes down there's always been the LJ, then the temp forums, and the DC has nothing like that. Should probably make some, eh?

The Plaza on DC... yeah, I doubt horse hentai would be very welcome there. Stuff involving sex isn't really, although that's only one of the written rules, I'm not sure if it's actually followed, as Kathy saying "*attacks the SB with BOOBS!*" in the Shoutbox was added to the list of memorable quotes, not reprimanded XD ))
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Yay, I'm glad you found a solution!

I'm sorry, Anza, I wasn't trying to come off all stern and grumpy and stuffs. And God knows I love Draiks, especially Mikaran and Leftwing. I just didn't want us to suddenly turn into the Eastern Wing of the Draik Clan.

Not that I wouldn't be glad to have them here, I would; it's so not that. I'd just like them to be coming her for Neocolours, yanno?

Anyway - I'll leave y'all to it. Have fun now. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Anza

Post by Anza »

((Sorry for not replying IC for a while...))

"Well..." Aqui said, "I guess I don't really know if they've gone or we're gone... but... " she sighed...

Them, "I guess we should go see this place then... maybe someone will be there who knows the way back to the territories..."

So she swam towards the beach...

((ONG I use parenthisis too much. 0.o Or however you spell that.))

Daksin slowly picked his way accross the pebbles on the beach. A short way up the shore from him a small river wound down to the ocean where it dumped its water. Nothing else of note could be seen.

The little maths Draik sat still, gazing out to sea and slowly singing the 9 times table to himself... was there something out there?
Origami Dragon

Post by Origami Dragon »

Chee chirped impatiently at Aqui. "We is no gone. We is here. Yup yup, we is here. We no is gone so t'ey mus' be gone 'stead. So we goes find t'em! We find an' see!" Just who they would find the ghost had no idea. Nor did it actually care. They were going to play and have fun and maybe find new friends! Fun times!

Once more Chee seemed to forget that it was underwater and trotted happily after the swimming Aqui. So much time spent in the company of land dwellers had gotten it out of the habit of swimming and into the habit of walking.

Speeding up slightly to catch up with Aqui the ghost clucked happily. "Aqui t'ink we find nice new friend t'ere? Here? Wherever t'is place?" Distracted Chee failed to notice as the sea floor began to slope up towards the beach, that is, failed to notice until its paws began to pass through sand instead of water. Glaring down at the sand as though it had put itself there on purpose Chee drifted higher.
Anza

Post by Anza »

Daksin stared as the ghost came up right in front of him, "Chee! Oh, thank goodness, someone I know! I was going crazy, crazy, crazy! No-one around and nothing to do!" and with that he flew up to try and perch on Chees head, forgetting it was a ghost.

He landed in the water to the sound of a chuckle from behind Chee. Aqui grinned at the little Faerie.

"That make's three who've somehow found our way to this place... I wonder if there's more..."

Daksin, latching on to the first three words of the Syan'dars sentance, sat up and pronounced "2+1 makes three!"