The Caves of Maraqua! (RP! *Closed*)

A general writing-based forum- stories, poetry and the like, as well as roleplays and Werewolf signups.
Illuen

The Caves of Maraqua! (RP! *Closed*)

Post by Illuen »

Kay, since people liked the RP we had before, I decided to start a new one, since it seems that one won't survive the forum move. basically, this RP is about a group of Aquatic pets which get trapped in a series of caves. I figured that we could have 6 people *not including me* join, with a maximum of three pets. You can have just one if you want, or whateve. I am going to wait and actually start it until the membership is full/it has been open for a day or so (whichever comes first) just because, the way I see it, if they are all going to be trapped together, you kinda have to know who you are dealing with. If you don't mind, when signing up, please follow the following format for your pets. Also, keep in mind this is underwater, so unless you want to RP a dead body, they kinda need to be Maraquan/pets that can survive underwater.

Name:Momma_Marjie (Marjie in the RP)
Species:Chomby
Color:Maraquan
Personality:A kind older Chomby, she takes it upon herself to care for most of the pets she encounters. She is extremely caring, but does not put up with nonsense.
Petpet: Wain the Nuranna. She is a bit on the simple side, but extremely loyal to Marjie.

Name:Akiapolau
Species:Blumaroo
Color:Maraquan
Personality:A mean, thieving pet, Akia is distrustful of most other pets, and thinks only of himself. He often loots boats, and will do most anything for the right price.
Petpet: Essinyk (or Essi) the Mutant Peo.

Edit: I hope that my comment about dead pets does not offend any zombies or ghosts in any way shape or forms. Discrimination is no laughing matter, and I am supportive of Marraige and other legal rights for the dead/undead.
Last edited by Illuen on 22 Jan 2006 03:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I missed out on the other RP so I reckon I won't procrastinate for this one.

Name: Koinoma (Koni for the RP I guess)
Species: Koi
Color: Yellow
Personality: Gets along with everyone, quiet, and inquisitive
Petpet: None currently, but I may buy him one soon.
Anza

Post by Anza »

Name: Aquiviara (Aqui)
Species: Syan'dar Dragon (Draik)
Color: Blue with green stripes (Maraquan)
Personality: Feels lost, and kind of out of place. She is rather sweet and is always careful to be polite. She is usually quite sad, because she is lost and separated from her pack, her family.
Petpet: Sleekfin the Soreen.
Referance: http://mars.walagata.com/w/anza/aquicoloured.png They're not the right colours, the colours are darker for camoflage purposes)

((speaking of which, I need to copy the other RP and bring it here...))
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

Want join!

Pet 1:
Name: Tayliah
Species: Shoyru
Color: Maraquan
Personality: An adventurous marine biologist, Tayliah has become a de facto detective because her innate inquistiveness keeps bringing her into trouble. She's the brightest pet you could ever hope to meet...if she'd just bother to think before acting. For example: she invented a detailed scientific theory of how to follow current to find the lost city of maraqua, before it was rebuilt, and neglected to realize that she was trying to follow currents in a swimming pool.
Petpet: A rather neurotic and detail-obsessed Swabby, named Schrapnell (Nellie)

Pet 2:
Name: Luillae
Species Acara
Color Maraquan
Personality She's a large (extremely large -- I created her as an Eyrie, just to make sure), Krakken-creature. As a result she's kind of clumsy, but extremely gentle and friendly. Her major flaw is that she's highly excitable and sort of scatter-brained.
Petpet: an equally sociable and bubbly maraquan flowper, named Palvie.[/b]
Paint

Post by Paint »

Ooh! ^^ Me in! :)

Name: Aoiue (Yewie- how you pronounce the last two letters in his name)
Species: Lupe
Color: Maraquan (But his body is an orange colour, with swirls of murky ivory all over.)
Personality: Shy, edgy, suspicious, protective, possessive, slightly insane.
Petpet: Sanford the Skelly. A big adventurer, but very vicious if needs be.

This is brilliant ^^ Yewie hardly ever gets out.

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Oh, nice, another RP. :D

I would like to join with one and a half pet so to speak. *g*

Pet 1:
Full Name: dsrfe3e44665juyi98o8
Nickname: Jules
Species: Peophin
Colour: Blue
Personality: orderly almost to the point of fussiness, a little timid and a fanatic collector be it stamps or TCG. He's very touchy about his name and will tell anybody only his nickname.

Pet 1 1/2: (he's my lab pet and his species is prone to change, so I only will play him as long as he's waterbased *g*)
Full Name: Growler9113
Nickname: Growler
Species: Koi
Colour: Fire
Personality: very curious, want to try everything out, volonteered as a lab rat because he wanted to know what it was like to be another species. He's a quite big Koi because he started life as a Grarrl.

Hope that's okay. :)
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Ok...well, I guess I'll be joining the forum after all. Wasn't going to, but then Illuen had to go and make a maraquan based rp...curse you! ^_^ (j/k)

Name: Eyrie_Demon01 (at least on neopets, his rp name is Dameon Edward Deserthawk.
Species: Eyrie
Color: Maraquan. However, he's calicoed like a spotted koi.
Personality: He's very caring and is a doctor. He's highly responsible as well, having a family to care for (mother; cousins; younger brother; wife and children) will do that to one. However, he's also a prankster and his pranks have been known to go astray and his jokes can get a bit lewd. O.o I'll think of more later...I suppose.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

On the outskirts of Maraqua there are a series of caves, which are said to be full of all sorts of beasts, monsters, and horrors. Many a pet has vanished in those caves, never to be heard from again. It is said that all the evil in the world comes from these caves, and that if you go deep enough, you will reach the center of Neopia. Everyone who lives in Maraqua is terrified of these caves, called "The Caves of Naughty Bad Ebil", which are surrounded by the Mountians of Mortal Peril, beneath the Pit Of Despair.

The sea was calm, and many residents of Maraqua are out in the Deep Valley, which stretches from Tyrannia to Sakhmet. It is the perfect place for a picnic, with a soft, almost grasslike kelp growing across the valley. Marjie was lying on the kelp, watching Wain chase a school of Bubblebees when she saw it. At first, it looked like a large boat was sailing across the sea, until she realized it was getting larger. Others began noticing, and started packing up their belongs, when the first waterspout hit. Marjie darted up, and begin swimming as fast as she could twords Maraqua, when a large rock slammed into her...

Marjie woke up, and was almost blinded by the brightness. She was in a large cave, with what looked like glowing algae covering the walls. She looked around her, expecting to be alone, but instead she saw an assortment of neopets around her, either awake or just waking. A loud voice piped up behind her "Anybody know where we are?". She turned around, and saw an angry Maraquan Blumaroo petting a Mutant Peo. She looked around, but everyone looked as puzzled as she felt. "Where are we?" She whispered...
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Koni blinked, adjusting his eyes to the awkward glow of the cave. He turned suddenly when heard a voice and saw the Blumaroo holding the horrible looking Peo. "Ugh, who could love a thing like that!", he thought to him self rising off the sandy floor.

Turning to face the Blumaroo Koni spoke up, "I've never seen this glowing algae before in all my expeditions through Maraqua, but there are still a vast many unexplored caves and abyssis. We could be a few miles from the city, or on the other side of Neopia!" He looked around at the collection of neopets, none of whom he had seen before. "I think what we really should be asking ourselves is not 'where?', but why."
Anza

Post by Anza »

Aquiviara shook her head a few times in frusteration. Her memories, at least some of them... they were gone. A period of time - who knew how long - gone, wiped from her brain. The last she could remember was being caught in the whirlpool...

And yet, even though she couldn't remember the time between then and now she somehow knew it had been months. Months... gone...

Looking around, she noticed the others. Maraquan Chomby, Maraquan Blumaroo, Yellow Koi. No Syan'dar. No sea dragon. They were gone too... just like the past few months were.

She reached up a paw and rubbed her head right where the bone of her head-horns met the flesh of her forehead.

"Testin! Yi Dae Testin!" she exclaimed.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Growler looked curiously around the cave and at the other pets, while he tried to comfort Jules. The blue Peophin looked rather shaken. Growler couldn't fault him for it, it wasn't every day you were picked up by a watersprout and deposited in some unknown cave!
His fins itched to look closer at the algae, but every time he would so much as move in the direction of them, Jules would cling to him and he didn't have the heart to just shake him off.
Softly he said to him: "Look, whatever happened, happened. We're safe now, it's only a cave." The only problem that he could see, would be that he couldn't see an exit. But he was sure they would find one. They came here somehow, didn't they?
He studied the other pets around him. Never had he seen so many Maraquan pets in one place. Well, safe in Maraquan itself. The only exeption besides themselves was a yellow Koi.
He and a Chomby were trying to find out what had happened but the others seemed to know as much (or as little) as he. The Draik just shouted something unintelligible. Growler looked at her and asked irritated: "And what's that supposed to mean?"
Last edited by Akjara on 22 Jan 2006 05:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anza

Post by Anza »

((She's a her))

Aquiviara looked at the Koi who had shouted

"Oh, I am very sorry!" she exclaimed, "I was just so frusterated about my memory being gone. And I was shouting more to myself than to anyone else... Yet it was rude of me to talk a language that others around me don't understand, I am sorry. I said "Lost! I'm lost!" "
Paint

Post by Paint »

Yewie rose from the floor as he woke, blubbery body heaving itself up so he could float. He frowned and held back a yawn, grinding his teeth to rid them of left-over meals.

He was studying the walls in obscure interest when he heard something. He turned and looked at the wall, noticing a small hole. Then he saw them.

They were all around him, many other pets milling about and asking questions. His eyes widened and he panicked, back-pedalling and brushing the wall with his skin. It immediately began to burn and he yowled in pain, having the opposite effect he'd wanted by backing away. He was more noticeable. He began to breathe more shallowly, until some firm, bony jaws clamped him gently on his flipper.

He relaxed slightly, noticing he still had Sanford. He grabbed the skelly into a tight hug, and wished among all things that they would be out of here soon.

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Now Growlers sense of adventure was always stronger than his irritation and so he just asked her: "And what language is this, if I may ask?"
Even Jules perked up a bit, and nodded to the Draik. He could very well understand that she felt lost.

At that moment one of the other pets, a Maraquan Lupe, began to yowl quite loudly as if he was in pain. Jules winced at the sudden noise and looked wideeyed at the Lupe. Very cautious he drew nearer to him and asked haltingly: "Did you hurt yourself?"
Anza

Post by Anza »

Aqui smiled sadly at Growler, "It is Sidari, the language if the Syan'dar (that's my species)."