NaNoWriMo Support Group!

A general writing-based forum- stories, poetry and the like, as well as roleplays and Werewolf signups.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm doing pretty good, Meghan! I fell behind the first two days - I didn't get ANYTHING done yesterday, and I hated what I wrote on the 1st. So I wound up scrapping the whole thing and starting over, and now I'm at around 7,000 words. That puts me far behind where I wanted to be, but I plan to hit 10k tonight :3 So no worries!

Where are you guys getting those cute counters from, btw? I want!

And any mods popping in - is it possible we could get this topic stickied until the end of November? I think it'll be handy for those of us participating!
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

There isn't much activity in here aside from this thread anyway, but why not.

As always, PM to bitch.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The little counters are from here. You basically just need to copy the image link and then change the number on the end to your user number (which you can find out by looking at your profile).

I'm ahead of the minimum, but behind where I wanted to be for 100k. I'm going to try to catch up tonight, and it should be easier going now because I've finally gotten to the exciting part with the pirates.

I've started trying a trick somebody posted on the forums, of getting the list of all authors sorted by wordcount, and then working your way up it. I'm not sure if it's helping me by motivating me, or hurting me by distracting me. Oh well.

Edit: Yay! Caught up now.
Last edited by oogabooga on 04 Nov 2006 09:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature by Tom
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm not doing well, as I still haven't started. But it's alright, as I told myself not to stress out over this. I'm still waiting for my pumpkin wounds to heal.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I hit over 10k words last night, putting me ahead of the minimum and reaching my personal goal. However, I want to be at 20-25k by the end of tomorrow, since I go back to work Monday, which means I have a lot to do.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Is everyone signed up for the emails from NaNo? I loved, loved, loved the inspirational Week Two one I got.

My favourite part:
Chris of NaNo wrote:And you know what? The more you write, the better it gets. So make it a priority to write in torrents this week. Allow your characters to change, and have change forced upon them. Follow your intuition, even if it leads away from where you thought your book was heading. And know that writing a novel is like building a car. Your only job this month is to create a clunky machine that will eventually move people from one place to another. If your beast rolls at all at this point, you're doing great. Pretty prose, snappy dialogue, brilliant metaphors---they're all part of the high-gloss paint job and finishing touches we put on *after* the body is built.
And yes, I am quite behind. I took several days off because of school.

Stupid school.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

I signed up to get the emails, but I'm getting nothing... Oh wait there it is, got lost in all my myspace emails... I'm about 5k behind on my word count, managed to catch up 3k last night and this morning and going to try for the missing words tomorrow. But yay I broke the 10,000 mark! Managed 1,000 words today at school and 2,000 last night!
Stupid school keeps getting my way of writing. And the fact that my story has started to write itself and wants scenes in there that I can't exactly find the words to describe...

Also my story doesnt make any sense to me. So far I have a group of six trainees from some kind of strange paranormal training school for humans and demons alike. Even though they arent done with their four year training course, they are being sent on a mission to extract revenge on someone for nearly killing another one of their groups... I'll find out more about the story when it moves along...