NaNoWriMo 2008 Support Thread!

A general writing-based forum- stories, poetry and the like, as well as roleplays and Werewolf signups.
gomababe

Re: NaNoWriMo 2008 Support Thread!

Post by gomababe »

Currently behind because I was too tired t write after work yesterday >_>. Hoping to catch up over the weekend and am trying to catch up this morning and failing miserably. Oh well, I've got tomorrow evening to try to kick myself in the behind to get all caught up.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I'm at exactly 20,138 words right now. The past couple of days were a pain, due to lack of inspiration- didn't do anything yesterday and managed just over 900 on Wednesday. :-/ But I sat down and forced myself to write earlier and got over 3k done, so that was good. Going to write some more later, and I'm aiming to be at 25k at least by the end of the weekend, although hopefully it'll be nearer 30k.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I just passed 30k about a half hour ago, which is great but I'm still behind where i want to be. SIGH. I also didn't get as many words written in the past 24 hours - about 5k, give or take. I still have about 20 minutes to finish writing for my local write -in contest, however, so I'm off to do that xD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm not participating in this, but I thought I'd offer my encouragements to everyone who is. Even if you don't end up making it to 50k words, the fact that you even attempted is worth a big round of applause!
So kudos to everyone, and best of luck :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

EDIT
WOOHOO! Worked off that word debt and then some. Now I'm back on track and just ahead of the game again. Now I can afford to treat my poor old brain to some nice, midnumbing destruction in the form of Cloverfield.
Alecko

Post by Alecko »

Just finished for the night with 25,929 words. :P For the first time, I'm over the target word count! *Dances*

Edit: 30,062 at the end of Sunday 16th. *More dancing* Plus I've finally started wrapping up the main issue that's been bugging my character so I can start moving the story forward again.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Good job, Alecko! You've officially reached the easy part - once you're into the 30ks, it becomes MUCH easier! =3

I hit about 34,500 today at a write in for my group, which was tons of fun xD I'm hoping to hit 40k by mid-week and hopefully 50k by the end of next weekend - mostly because I'm aiming for 60k by the end
koichiitachi

Post by koichiitachi »

AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FINALLY FOUND YOU PEOPLE!!!!!! I LOVE NANO!

Anyone know me? Probably not, but this is so sweet! I started nano last year and (though this year has been a bad one for me in terms of writings) it was so much fun! How many of you are homeschoolers? Any? None? A few?
"Scotty no like coco!" "Well yeah I like chocolate-" "Scotty don't!" "Yeah I do-" "Scotty DON'T!" "Ok, now let me do what I do, uh, would ya STOP?!" "Howayadoin?" "Uh, what?" "Hawayadoin?" "I uh-" "Howayadoin?" "But I don't-" "There you have it folks, Scotty don't!"
Alecko

Post by Alecko »

Jessibean wrote:Good job, Alecko! You've officially reached the easy part - once you're into the 30ks, it becomes MUCH easier! =3
I've actually found this week the most difficult so far. :-/ Kinda ended up in a rut, plot-wise.

But... I've still been forcing myself to write, so I'm up to 39,424 words right now. Going to try and hit 40k tomorrow, seeing as I'm working most of the day and won't have much time to write.

@koichiitachi. Hey!
koichiitachi wrote:How many of you are homeschoolers? Any? None? A few?
Not here. :) Finished university a few months ago.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I'm ahead despite having very little time to myself for the last few days. Caught u with the word count yesterdy by spending the whole day in the house with noone else and managed to push myself over todays final word count this morning. Hopefully I can manage to get 50k by the end of saturday ^_^.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I haven't mentioned this yet, but I hit 50k words on Thursday night (or early Friday morning xD) after writing over 10k words in 24 hours in a sudden burst of creativity :D I'm still writing, since the story is hardly finished, but hooray!

How is everyone else coming along?
Alecko

Post by Alecko »

Congrats Jessi!

45,206 words here. Still not even half way down my list (and I keep adding things on)- and I can't decide whether that's a good thing or not. x_x I want to write the end already but I know if I do then I'll probably never go back and finish off the middle because it'll feel like it's finished. Maybe I'll just start condensing things a bit more more like I've started doing (seriously, the story ends when my griffin is around five years old. He's about seven months right now. Gaaah).
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

This last 10k is probably going to kill me this week. I know we have another weekend an all but technically speaking I only have up until Saturday to win since I don't want to miss out just because the site gets busy after lunch on St Andrew's day. The plot is going well so far though I am far from wrapping anything up ><. I need to get to that civil war goddamit!
Alecko

Post by Alecko »

*Cheers* After a spot of swearing at Word when it kept on screwing up the scrambling on my story, and then feeling like a right idiot when I didn't realise you had to scroll down the page and hit 'submit' to get it to count your manuscript (cue five minutes of clicking at nothing and wondering what I'd done wrong. Then I managed to submit just over 6k words for some reason), I finally managed to get my word count validated. :D 50,026, and I'm done!

Well, not really. Still got about half of my thing to do (though I'm thinking how to condense it) but I can slow down now.

Good luck, gomababe. :)
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Well done Alecko ^_^. I'm hoping to reach 50k by Saturday evening, if not on Sunday morning {depending on if I actually get to my friend's this weekend or not}. I'm having trouble deciding what I want to treat myself to when I finally hit that magic number though. It was going to be a new phone, but my younger brother kinda messed that up by giving me the one his ex-girlfriend gave him back >_>.