Tyrannian Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
pistons0794

Tyrannian Ogrin

Post by pistons0794 »

A Tyrannian Ogrin will be released for Tyrannian day.

I don't like it very much. I don't understand why the back legs are striped and the front are not, it looks akward. I'm not impressed. Not awful, and i'm sure many people will love it, it just doesn't look very good to me.
clsimmons1985

Re: Tyrannian Ogrin

Post by clsimmons1985 »

Are they serious? It is a yellow ogrin with hideous accessories! The fang things look like they are stuck on! Aww and I had high hopes for a tyrannian ogrin :(
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

Pass. Spots or stripes, but not both. I think the back-stripes would have looked neat if they'd gone for an okapi or quagga look (I'm a fan of neopets resembling RL animals), but it's just the same old boring saturated yellow + brown scheme all Tyrannians have.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

So much for the good streak they had going there for awhile. Very unimpressive. I wished they had gone with the Gelert.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I would've preferred if it resembled something that made sense, theme-wise. Like why does it have huge fangs -- I've always associated ogrins with some sort of goatlike/llamalike herbivore or something. Now it's like a smilodon?
if they'd gone for an okapi or quagga look
^ I love this idea! A quagga would've been awesome. An okapi too. Or a kudu. @_@ (Though that last one is not remotely prehistoric haha.)

Anyway... speculating and fantasizing aside, this is pretty poorly executed. The fangs are iffy, the pelt design is questionable, and there's something generally amateurish/neo circa 2001 about the whole thing.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
varii

Post by varii »

That is so very ugly. I don't even know what to comment on. Wow, that head is unfortunate. I wish they had made the eyes a little more expressive and ferocious. Its fur is hideous and nonsensical.

All three Tyrannian pets that have been released post 2.0 have been awful.

Oh man, I looked again, the head was more awful then I had remembered. :(
rei @ neopets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I don't think it's that bad, for an Ogrin. Admittedly the cardboard teeth look daft and the lack of stripes on the front of the forelegs is puzzling. But I don't think it's terrible.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

To be honest, fangs in herbivores were not actually uncommon back in the day. Still, someone could have been a wee bit more creative with the coloring...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

As one of the only resident Ogrin fans, I have to say how utterly disappointed I am in this. There is just nothing appealing about it. The fangs could have been neat if they actually looked like fangs and the spots are so misplaced.
Poor poor Ogrins.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Like Nogitsune said, herbivores had fangs sometimes, too. Generally dull and, y'know, like tusks. Tusks are just fangs on steroids. ^_~ So the fact that these teeth are dull actually makes sense. The fact that they're incredibly aesthetically unappealing, though, added in with the poo-mustard color and weird striping, well, the poor thing should just be shot, stuffed, and mounted.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

At least it's slightly better than the tyrannian kyrii. :< That's all I have to say about it.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

AngharadTy wrote:...the poor thing should just be shot, stuffed, and mounted.
It looks like it already has- it makes me think of one of those Victorian invented animals made from several different creatures sewn together. And the original Ogrin was already heading along those lines. I think the Tyrannian Ogrin sort of works, in a kind of "haha, who could ever think that was a real animal" way.
Neopets wishlists: here
JQ

Post by JQ »

I actually like it, I think it looks very cute. I like the fact that only its hind legs are striped, it gives it more of a character/personality.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

What bothers me the most are the 'claws'. Good lord, they just pasted some on there... I would've preferred no pet color today than have this.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
varii

Post by varii »

Grazing be damned, apparently the Ogrin was a meat eater. :)

Little to do with the actual colour, I just love that we discuss the accuracy of the Ogrin having tusks and then it is like, 'oh right, Neopets'. :)
rei @ neopets