Darigan and Electric Ruki

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fury

Darigan and Electric Ruki

Post by Fury »

ImageImage

I really don't have a lot to say about these as I've never been a Ruki fan and I don't find either to be very special. In fact, I first thought the Darigan was Tyrannian because of the colours. 8) Electric is... electric.

What are your opinions?
varii

Re: Darigan and Electric Ruki

Post by varii »

I want to hold my commentary on the Darigan Ruki til I see the big version, but my first reaction was, 'Lol, no.' The face could be interesting, but the neck ruff + body spots give me the impression of overall fuzziness and I don't like that. And I don't like that the feet are shiny. I totally see the tyrannian in there although I always think the mutant Ruki is tyrannian, too.

Eh, electric. The stripes are a little matchy-matchy for me, they are all in sets of two. I suppose the eyes are nice though. Whatever.
rei @ neopets
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I also thought that was Tyrannian at first glance. To be honest I don't see much Darigan influence there. The spikes and red eyes are the only things that suggest otherwise, and even then they're not very prevalent. This is one Darigan pet that I believe could have done better in a different base colour.
Image Image
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

I like the hardened thorax abdominal armor on the Darigan Ruki, and lolelectric.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I agree with Mistress Morbid - I think the Darigan could have benefited from a different base colour. A dark forest green like the Tonu could have been rather nice. I too thought it was Tyrannian at first! It's not too bad - at least it's not a comedy pet like the Poogle.

Electric is Electric.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

It's frustrating because they could have made a Darigan Ruki so awesome looking. I'm imaging a praying mantis sort of creature, with huge, wicked curving claws and a spiky abdomen. The wings could spread out behind, and of course some evil looking pincers at the mouth.

(reading that over, I know that sounds like the Mutant Ruki, but I'm imaging something completely different looking ^^;)
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Electric is suitably electric. It has a good amount of stripes to look the part rather than being plain blue.

And tyrannian... Would be great if it were actually tyrannian. What's with the neck ruff and head fuzz? This doesn't look like darigan at all. Don't get me wrong, even with the random fur, it's nice for what it is. It just... isn't darigan...
Bagerzz

Post by Bagerzz »

Darigan looks like it has a horrible case of chicken pocks. :/
Electric is Electric. Nothing special.

I think these colors could have been a lot better. D:

Image Image
I do like the new plushies though. =D

Image Image
And the clothes are nice, too. (:
Last edited by Bagerzz on 28 Jul 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I agree with varii about the odd symmetry of the flashes on Electric, otherwise it's competent enough.

I thought Tyrannian was Spotted until I noticed the spines on the arms. Having said that, I do think it's quite a nice looking Ruki whatever it's supposed to be :P

EDIT: Oh, it's supposed to be Darigan, whoops!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Aww, broken images. D;
I'll be back to rant and rave when I see them.

Edit: The Darigan Ruki reminds me of Spotted too. It seems like Darigan is either a hit or miss these days. The Ruki definitely missed.

Electric is Electric.
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 29 Jul 2009 01:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I went, "Oh, good Tyrannian!" too. I guess it's partially the colors. Also, the ruff of fur. I did think it had a strangely evil-looking eye, at least. ;D
Image Image
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For those of you wanting a closer look:
ImageImage

I have to agree, the Darigan one looks Tyrannian. In fact I got extremely confused looking at the Rainbow Pool page when I didn't see Tyrannian listed and had to go back to the news to figure it out. Electric is okay for Electric.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Ha, I thought the Darigan was really Spotted and thought it was cool and fairly creative for a Spotted pet. Now that I know it's Darigan, though, WTH? At least they thought outside the standard dark purple/blue/red for the color I guess.

That Jester's outfit rules. Almost makes me want to go get myself a Ruki.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I think darigan looks like a cross between spotted and tyrannian. The neck ruff on the "darigan" one is awkward.
Electric is cute, probably more so for those who like rukis xD

On the bright side, the clothes and plushies are amazing!
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Mimzi

Post by Mimzi »

Meh. Not really inspired to say anything about either of these.

The eyes are nice on the Darigan.

Electric is..... electric.