Ghost and Striped Meerca

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Ghost and Striped Meerca

Post by Nogitsune »

Credit to SunnyNeo:
ImageImage

Ghost is not too bad but Striped is... wow. It's nothing like any other Stiped pet, and this is all to the good. It's simply amazing!
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Arviragus

Re: Ghost and Striped Meerca

Post by Arviragus »

It's a chipmunk! I don't like Meercas, but if I had to get one Striped would definitely be my choice.
Subeta
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

It looks like a chipmunk! It's a meerca that I actually like! I never thought that would happen.

I'm glad there's at least one pet artist left who can think outside the box. I wonder if this is the same artist responsible for the spotted lupe.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Wow, Striped is wonderful! I can't believe I actually like a Meerca, but I finally do. I may just have to get it. It's adorable.

Ghost is boring.

One thing I've always hated about TNT is how they chose a color scheme for each brush and rarely if ever deviate from it. Look at what happens when they do! It doesn't happen often enough, though they've gotten better about it. There are so many pets that I wish they would go back and customize a little more. Like Faerie for instance. Some of the Faerie pets (Aisha, Acara, Lupe,etc.) are just blue/yellow/red/green pets with wings tacked on.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Aww, neat idea. I don't like Meercas, but I wish more colours were this original.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Ghost is ghost. I normally like ghost, but for meercas, it's just plain boring.

But striped is FLIPPING ADORABLE. I love it and I want one right now.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I seriously thought we already had a Ghost Meerca. Really. Hmm. I guess I'm crazy! :P It's... boring, but most ghost pets are.

Striped is very cute! Good job, artist!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Wow. That's the only striped tp break the blue+pink mould and it's gorgeous. *fights the urge to get one*

Ghost has a nice jagged ghost aura, but the facial expression is blah.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ghost is pretty meh. I thought it already existed too.

But Striped, oh man...Good thinking on the artist's part. This is very unique. I didn't expect this. I don't like Meercas at all, but this is great for Meerca lovers.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I like ghost,because it reminds of the NQII Ghostly Meercas.

I wouldn't get a striped one, though. It's cool, but nothing I'd own.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Holy crap, that Stripped Meerca is adorable. I adore the soft browns used. I actually kinda want one. Amazing job artist who did this!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Iggy, I thought of NQII ghosts too! I like Ghost in that it doesn't have a stupid grin but actually has a properly ghostly expression. The eyes are a little odd - they don't have a dark outline so they look a little...bleedy? Might just be me.

Striped is adorable! I love chipmunks (my nursery school had a pair called Rosie and Jim) and this actually makes this the only Meerca I'd ever own, apart from a UC Faerie one. Interesting that they're breaking the trend of striped pets which hasn't been done before - even other pets that would benefit from a different stripeyness like the Kougra have just been given the pink and blue treatment.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I love Striped! What a good idea, it's nice to actually see some thought go into a pet. I want one, which is something I never thought I'd say about a Meerca. I've bought a paint brush in preparation :D
varii

Post by varii »

Lol, I wonder if striped is going to wildly inflate like spotted.

I love both! I really wanted a ghost meerca, so I am pleased with it. I am glad they gave it a new expression and didn't leave it happy looking. Striped is adorable and would looking AMAZING in a derby which happens to be how I judge how much I like meerca colours.

I'm going to be a little conflicted as to what colour I want to paint Elmhet now.
rei @ neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

I hope striped doesn't crazy inflate =/. Spotted has somewhat recovered now, and fortunately striped was buyable a few days ago. (Then again, maybe spotted was as well).

At the moment it seems to be around 200,000np, but only one is priced on the TP. I am hoping most people are remembering the spotted price hike and are buying striped in preparation and that in a few weeks no-one will care. Lupes were real popular before the colour came out, whereas meercas have always sucked :P.