Desert and Sketch Jetsams

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
champagnesoup

Desert and Sketch Jetsams

Post by champagnesoup »

Hmm. I like that they went for a different base colour for the Desert, but it's too flat for the nicely-shaded accessories to sit right. The accessories themselves are nice though so a cross-paint will surely appeal to many Jetsam owners. Sketch is Sketch, but not awful. I guess the plot excitement put Jetsam Day on the backburner a little!
Noble fauf

Re: Desert and Sketch Jetsams

Post by Noble fauf »

I like the crimson base for the desert jetsam, although the headress looks a little off, what with the jetsam's head fin and all. The jewelery is nice.

I hope people will be too excited about the plot tomorrow and I'll be able to snag myself a jetsam!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Sketch actually looks pretty good on a white background. Desert is so-so, but the "you fightin'?" post of the Jetsams is a bit of a hurdle for any colour to overcome.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

They didn't even mark today as Jetsam Day, lawls.
And I don't see people being too distracted seeing as there's nothing to do yet.

I like the jewelry on desert, I can see it being popular for it's rich, dark, chocolatey base and for it's accessories, not so much the...uh, hat thing.

Sketch is sketch.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The desert's hat thing fails wonderously. But the base color and other jewelry is fairly nice. Sketch is... not sketchy? Why is it shaded? In fact, most of them appear to be. Seems counter productive... The old sketch colors never had shading right? Am I just remembering things wrong?
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

The sketch is way too clean (also, when did sketch colored neopets have any shadows and highlights on them?). It looks as though someone pasted the red base into photoshop, lowered its opacity, changed the outline to a pale blue, and used the pen tool to make a few quick lines at a poor attempt to make it look sketch-like.

I do not like sketch...

Desert is ok, on the other hand.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Woooo impossible hat. Impressive.
Image Image
Corvidophile

Post by Corvidophile »

Image Image

I LOVE these outfits, though I feel like I'm one of the few who get the joke. It's a reference to the episode of Happy Days where Fonzie jumps the shark. It's actually the origin of the phrase, that episode. It was the grand hallmark of where the series went to absolute crap.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Corvidophile wrote:It's a reference to the episode of Happy Days where Fonzie jumps the shark.
Good eye. I wouldnt've caught that looking at it first hand. I honestly can't think of a worthwhile thing to say as far as the colors are concerned. Hmm...
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

It appears that jetsams should never wear shoes...
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Hee, I totally missed the Happy Days reference! I like it :-D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i think desert has a nice base color and that is all and i do not like ANY sketch pet sense customization came out.

remember what sketch USED to look like ? go see http://www.sunnyneo.com/convertedpets.php?colour=sketch
the sad part about that is not a single sketch pet had the option to stay unconverted at all.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

remember what sketch USED to look like ?
Wow, I see your point. Now sketch is basically a colour fill of white with blue edges and not a unique paint brush colour.
ImageImage
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Glad some agree about the sketch neopets now being far too clean...