Maraquan and Shadow Usul

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
champagnesoup

Maraquan and Shadow Usul

Post by champagnesoup »

Shadow is cute and I'm pleased to see that bows are back - but the Maraquan one is adorable and totally unexpected!
Captain_Awesome

Re: Maraquan and Shadow Usul

Post by Captain_Awesome »

...Maraquan? I thought that was Mutant, but then I recalled Mutant already existed. I wholeheartedly approve.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

lol, Maraquan is somehow lazy and not lazy all at once. Definitely an improvement over the Poogle

Shadow is Shadow. Nothing special
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Maraquan is super cute! I love the "ears."

I thought they said once that they'd never make a shadow usul? I like this, though.
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

To be fair, that clearly looks nothing like the Shadow Usul, who has yellow eyes and a pink ruff. But yes, it is a little odd.

I'm disappointed the Mara one has no unique bows, but other than that, it's so pretty and unusual. I love the colours in the ruff-- it looks so shiny and mossy-- and the antenna ears. Usuls are kinda spoilt when it comes to colours.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

The sea snail Usul was totally unexpected, but I thought it was actually approriate (and just cool). The seaweed mane is nice, but the usul head does look a bit out of place (though a realistic snail face would be a bit too creepy for the kids).

Shadow has nice cyan eyes and a violet mane/bow...and a violet nose!
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Yeah, the Mara could have looked great with a seaweed bow - the ruff looks seaweedy after all. I've recently started to like Usuls because they have quite a few interesting colours, such as speckled, and now I'm very tempted to get one and zap for Maraquan!
Rah

Post by Rah »

OHMIGOD SNAILLLLLLLL

SNAILLLLLLLLLL

SNAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I rly love snails so hard and need that omg. So much love for the usul artist xD
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Mara - looks like it should be a character in a kids TV programme. An interesting idea nicely realised.

Shadow is competent. I like the deep purple.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

To think that when I looked at the possible colours for Usul day I dismissed it as being almost certainly awful.

The Shadow is very pretty, the shade of purple used is lovely, although rather different from other shadow pets (only the shadow gnorbu uses purple among current pets).

Maraquan is so cute, and although it's obvious the standard body and head have been used as a base, the feelers for ears, the shell and the foot are really nicely done; the idea is also original (not a generic merpet nor an awkward pose due to reusing art).
Neopets wishlists: here
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Shadow usul has a bow but not the headband things. Well it's a step in the right direction at least.
I don't particularly like it, but it could be very interesting to customize.

Maraquan irks me a bit. Maybe it's those standard simple usul eyes with something with complexly shaded ruff and shell. Or the ears. Or the yellow on top of ears. Not sure what it is exactly, but it's there.

Sad version makes it more endearing for me.

Also why oh why the obligatory fist of doom when it's maraquan and can't hold things?
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's more obvious in the large image that the Maraquan's fist of doom makes it look like it's pointing at itself. I quite like that - in the standard pose it looks rather smug.... "Look at me, I'm a frickin' snail!"
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Mimzi

Post by Mimzi »

LUFFFF THE MARA USUL.

Shadow is perty too. :3
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

That's unexpected, nice colors for a pet day. Given the fact that shadow as a whole is fairly bland, it would have been nice to see different color eyes for this one, but it's fairly good. The purple accents give a nice contrast.

The maraquan is really nice. Really cute. :) Interesting idea, and it was done well, I think. Leagues better than that poogle creature.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Maraquan is too cute! It's so nicely done. Of course, anything would be preferable to that horrifying Poogle.

The Shadow is pretty decent too for a colorfill.