Strawberry and Chocolate Bruce

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
champagnesoup

Strawberry and Chocolate Bruce

Post by champagnesoup »

The flowers on the Strawberry Bruce are adorable! First time they've been used but they look great. Chocolate is nice, the candy corn feet and beak are cute touches.

A much more successful Bruce Day than I had anticipated!

EDIT: should I delete this topic as it was posted second? I must have posted at the same time as the other post was made as I didn't see it before.
Noble fauf

Re: Strawberry and Chocolate Bruce

Post by Noble fauf »

I'm not big on the strawberry colour, but I love the strawberry flowers on the bruce's head/bowtie

Chocolate is a mix of whip cream and candycorn (with a shaved chocolate bowtie). The feet do look a little strange though...

*PS don't delete yours, I deleted mine*
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

The Strawberry Bruce is too cute. I love those flowers. I've always liked the Strawberry color though. It's not always executed as well as it could be, but usually, the pets look really nice.

Chocolate is okay, but those feet look absolutely goofy.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I think the Strawberry Bruce would look better if the body was slightly less red, or at least if there was some more contrast - though I bet a lot of people will be after that floral bow!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Strawberry is surprisingly pretty! I like the leafy bow, that's an inspired little touch. Chocolate is less attractive, to my eyes-- it's got one of those weird orange-striped beaks like the Pteri's, which actually goes OK with the cream of the face, but the feet in the same colours are just distracting, and to me the whole bird doesn't look glossy enough to be made of chocolate rather than just being brown.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

it's got one of those weird orange-striped beaks like the Pteri's

I never realized how odd a choice candy corn is for chocolate pets as it's only really eaten in North America and I've never really seen it mixed with chocolate before. Though I can't think of anything better to use for beaks.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I think both bows are well thought out, shaved chocolate: very smart! and those flowers on strawberry are lovely, that will look very good on a cross painted pet! I wonder if it would look good on a faerie bruce, it might be a bit too green.

Anyway, bruces aren't the most popular pets so I wouldn't have been surprised to see two basic colourfills. It is nice to get these two instead, clearly the artist put in a little extra effort!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

There is a type of nasty candy corn with a chocolate bottom, where the yellow is supposed to be. So I suppose that "counts" as a chocolate ingredient.

Strawberry is one of the cutest bruce colors I think they have! Chocolate is very good, but it just looks less spectacular compared to the former.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 05 Dec 2009 01:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Win and win.

I love it when artist think out of the box. Strawberry is adorable! The only thing I dislike is the chocolate flakes on cream they've been putting on nearly all chocolate pets of late. I'd much prefer the pure cream with a cherry on top.

As for candy corn, I love how it looks, but I have absolutely no idea how it tastes. If I ever travel to The US I'll buy some to try.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Chocolate - yeah, those feet look odd. It appears to have no feet but instead be resting on top of a stripy boomerang.

Strawberry - it's good! I'm liking the leaves and flower on the bow, a nice touch.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger versions:

ImageImage

These are both very cute. I'm glad to see bows again this year, too.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Strawberry is too cute!

chocolate Is kinda meh but I love the bow!
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Strawberry Is Cute, i like the detail on the Bow and the Stalk for the hair, im not keen on the Daiseys though, but hey, maybe they will grow on me!
Chocolate is good, i like the detail / flake-likeness on the bow, the candycorn feet and beek are a nice touch and i like the whipped cream

I have been wiating for Choco and Strawberry bruces now and finally i have them!!!
Felid

Post by Felid »

Those would be strawberry flowers, rather than daisies, to go with the strawberry leaves. I'm not a fan of Bruces in genereral, they tend to be rather bland, but the Strawberry is very cute and pretty distinctive.