Snow and Desert Ogrins

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Usul_Princess

Snow and Desert Ogrins

Post by Usul_Princess »

Image Image

Credit to JellyNeo.

Snow is snow. (and hard to see detail). Desert on the other hand is quite dark for the typical color scheme. The "gold" bands are ugly, but I love the eye makeup and the shades of blue used.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kantark

Re: Snow and Desert Ogrins

Post by Kantark »

The eyes of Snow are like openings into the dark cesspool of an Ogrin's soul.

Desert's quite pretty, though.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Felid

Post by Felid »

Snow looks quite odd, what with the "bleeding" dead coal eyes and the profusion of mane/ruff/tail coming through the white. Desert is a full on Egyptian makeover, and works pretty well for an Ogrin, particularly with the head-dress, although, as with other desert quadrapeds, the loincloth doesn't work at all and looks more like a rug thrown over it's back.
Last edited by Felid on 29 Dec 2009 09:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

I have never liked snow... I've always seen all the pets as quite blegh.

I don't really see what's going on with the Desert Ogrin... is it wearing a headdress? Because it's very hard to see if it is!!! I think they should have made it more like a camel or a gemsbok or something rather than trying to dress it up in pseudo-Egyptian garb.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

I like the snow's leaves, but I've never liked snow pets with coal eyes (too weird...)

The desert has a pretty headress, but I agree the gold bands look odd.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger viewing Image Image

Yeah, those coal eyes aren't creepy at all. And does the Desert headdress remind anyone else of a captain's hat?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like snow, actually. Those are nice colors. And I like coal eyes.

I loathe the base color on that desert ogrin, though. It's like vomit-mustard. The accessories are underwhelming, and actually yeah, I can see a bit of a captain's hat. I do like the kohl-rimmed eyes, but everything else is so ack.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yeah, I really like the leaves on the snow. But, the desert is icky colored.
Felid

Post by Felid »

AngharadTy wrote:
I loathe the base color on that desert ogrin, though. It's like vomit-mustard.
I think that colour is supposed to be camel...
Faun

Post by Faun »

hmmmm I like the leaves on the snow but not enough to own one.

the desert is very meh.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Felid wrote:
AngharadTy wrote:
I loathe the base color on that desert ogrin, though. It's like vomit-mustard.
I think that colour is supposed to be camel...
Then they failed. Really, though, it's just awful and ugly. Like if I let mustard sit out for three weeks and it grew a colony of ucky greenish things, and then I blended that into a puree.
Image Image
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

I like snow, i like how they havn't just made it all white (like the Xweetok *Shivers") i like how they used leafs for the ears and mane, like the yurble and peophin, i'm not so sure about the eyes though, they are kinda too big, and you cant see much detail on the ogrins body, itself, i might own one though :P

I loath the Desert clothing, but i kinda like the base, very rustic and natural looking, wouldn't own one though :P
Felid

Post by Felid »

Plushie Lenny wrote:I like snow, i like how they havn't just made it all white (like the Xweetok *Shivers") i like how they used leafs for the ears and mane
The snow does look a lot more appealling in the bigger version, where you can see the detail properly...but it could be so much better if it wasn't for those eyes - I mean most of the other Snow pets have some kind of pupil action and/or eye definition going on which at least makes them look alive! The Snow Blums & Bruces have featureless eyes too, but they're tiny and currant-like, which works just fine, and the Grarrl coal eyes have a texture, as well as being smaller and more in proportion. I guess the problem for the Snow Ogrin designer was the fact that Ogrins have these disproportionately huge, Bambi-ike eye-sockets to fill, but really, these are the worst executed eyes in the whole stable of snow pets.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Did anyone else notice the eyes on the snow ogrin aren't filled up all the way by the coal? It would have been better if the artist just stopped at the pupil and left some lines suggesting the rest of the eye.
Felid

Post by Felid »

MeZergy wrote:I think they should have made it more like a camel or a gemsbok or something rather than trying to dress it up in pseudo-Egyptian garb.
Yeah, I totally agree with that, a real-life animal based pet (in the style of the Spotted Lupe/Striped Meerca etc.) would have been hugely popular I'm sure, and a Gemsbok Ogrin, in particular, could have been stunning, but I guess TNT is more interested in clothes and encouraging players to buy wearables for NC. The clothing range released with the two Ogrin colours is, however, truly terrible.