Speckled and Grey Gnorbus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
champagnesoup

Speckled and Grey Gnorbus

Post by champagnesoup »

Image Image

Speckled is pretty - the shade of green used for the base seems a little deeper/brighter than usual but maybe it's just me. Grey is OK but nothing spectacular...but then I don't care for pets that look sad on purpose. The Gnorbu reminds me of Snape due to the mane but then I am in a strange mood tonight! :mrgreen:
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Speckled and Grey Gnorbus

Post by thelonetiel »

Speckled is really nice, I like the darker green, and the pattern of spots.

Grey on the other hand, is broke. They closed the mouth without modifying the lower lip, which causes an awkward pointy thing that I can't imagine how slipped by unnoticed. The rest is nice, I like the black mane, though I wish at least the ears had been made droopy or something.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

The forest green mane on the speckled gnorbu looks a little odd to me, but it's not that bad (though I like the purple eyes).

The black mane on the grey gnorbu looks a little weird to me too, but some users may like a grey pet with a subtle depression.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I like the speckled one, a lot, but I finding myself liking a lot of speckled pets lately. I think the greens work well together

Grey does not look depressed to me. I think they've done a decent job with post 2.0 grey pets in at least making them look sad, but this one looks more indecisive then depressed
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger views: Image Image
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
lar

Post by lar »

Speckled is pretty, for speckled. The greens are nice.

The grey, however, doesn't look so much sad as just rather nonplussed.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Speckled is cute, and I like the dark mane. The eye colour is very pretty.

Grey is ok. Not anything that I would own, but better than some recent pets.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

They are both OK.
I don't like the bright green they used for the Speckled Base
And Grey would of been better if they made the Gnorb's ears bit more floppy :P
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like the greens they used on the speckled. Grey is boring. It doesn't look very depressed, either. More neutral than anything.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I like the green they used on the body of speckled, but the colour they used for the mane a little less. the two colours don't seem to match that well, for some reason the gnorbu looks balder with this colour combo.

I like the eyes, but I think blue would have been nice as well.
Felid

Post by Felid »

The grey is really unbelievably lazy on the part of TNT. I mean this is supposed to be a really very high value paint job and all they've done is a basic colour fill with one tiny change to the mouth position, the absolute minimum that they could have done to fulfil the "grey" concept...except it doesn't really even do that since (as everyone has pointed out) the expression the Grey Gnorbu is left with isn't depressed at all, it looks to me more like it's straining to overhear something.

The speckled, on the other hand, is just great. I love the little white paws/tail/ears/mouth combination, and the distribution of speckles looks just right. It's also worth bearing in mind that a Grey Paint Brush costs 100 times more than a speckled.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

It's also worth bearing in mind that a Grey Paint Brush costs 100 times more than a speckled.
That's a good point Felid, would anyone be willing to spend 5+M to paint their gnorbu this particular colour scheme of grey?

Also, did grey pets always have a bit of maroon-ish/cinnamon in them like the gnorbu's blotches? It reminds me of the weird orange freckles/spots that purple pets used to have.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Noble fauf wrote: Also, did grey pets always have a bit of maroon-ish/cinnamon in them like the gnorbu's blotches? It reminds me of the weird orange freckles/spots that purple pets used to have.
Yes, many of the older grey pets did have this colour:

ImageImageImageImage

For most of them, it was the eyes that were that brownish colour, but it wasn't restricted to that. Those last three were among the most popular grey pets, too, so it wasn't something only the crappier ones had.
Neopets wishlists: here
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Speckled is ADORABLE. I love the pattern on its coat and how it looks like it just stuck its face into a can of white paint!! Eeeeee!!

Grey, on the other hand, is a little boring. It looks more worried than sad.
varii

Post by varii »

I really don't like Grey's mane. The stark blackness of it makes it look greasy to me and just unappealing all together.

Speckled is cute enough, I always love it when animals have socks.
rei @ neopets