Silver and Chocolate Elephante

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Silver and Chocolate Elephante

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage

*Edited for larger images.
Last edited by Nogitsune on 16 Jan 2010 03:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Noble fauf

Re: Silver and Chocolate Elephante

Post by Noble fauf »

Silver is fine for silver

I like the frosting on the chocolate elephante's wings; the whipped cream headress is ok. I prefer milk chocolate myself (like this one), but I suppose some of you out there would have prefered a dark chocolate elephante.
Madge

Post by Madge »

The chocolate elephante looks a little plain - it would benefit from something on its trunk/stomach. Even white-chocolate toes would've been a nice little additional detail.
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

Chocolate looks a little plain--it could pass off for brown. I feel as though there's something missing on it... :?
Silver is...Silver.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Chocolate is missing some swirls. or sprinkles. like this it is a bit plain.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I think I would have preferred Chocolate if the cherry was in the place of where the gem on the standard Elephante's headdress is, but otherwise I agree with Madge, the stomach is just crying for some design

Silver is good for silver. I'm just happy they did get headdresses this year
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Ye gods. I'm going to say about what Rah said after Aisha Day: Did they fire last year's artist or something? Sheesh. Robot was so snazzy last year, and these are so -- not.

Silver, okay, fine, whatever. Not much that can be done, so they get a pass for this one. But chocolate, whomg. There's a reason the Chomby is a favorite chocolate pet - it's actually got the room on its body to carry out nifty designs and suchlike. So you'd think the ginormous belly here would've looked nice with similar white chocolate tracings, circles, if they couldn't bring themselves to go all out as they did with the Chomby. Same for the trunk.

And I too wonder why the tail and the nails are both just light brown. White chocolate would've really made the nails stand out. Waffle nails, if they worked. would've been awesome. The tail needs more attention as well; a puff of frosting would've been nice - or just a dark or white chocolate, if they were really rushed. Anything but what they did here.

0 for effort, 0 for forethought, a barely passing grade for execution.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Silver is . . . silver
Chocolate is just a brown elephante with frosting on its head and wings, but its not THAT bad, i suppose . . .
Faun

Post by Faun »

These are nothing special. Silver is nice for silver and chocolate is brown.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Have Elephantes always had wings and fluffy tails? How did I never notice before, lol?

Silver is fine, though I think it could be a little more shiny. Chocolate is just so plain. It's just lazy.
lar

Post by lar »

Yikes. Looks like the artist churned these out at the eleventh hour.
Chocolate is just so.. boring. And the silver looks really flat, but most of the gold and silvers look flat to me, so maybe it's just me.

Rather disappointing elephante day. Although the flapper clothes set is cute.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Ugh, I just realized that the topping on the Chocolate's head is the exact same as that for the Chocolate Kougra.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Nogitsune wrote:Ugh, I just realized that the topping on the Chocolate's head is the exact same as that for the Chocolate Kougra.
Oh my goodness...
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Silver is about as good as a Silver pet gets, and I mean that as a compliment.

Chocolate would be run-of-the-mill if it weren't for the art recycling Nogitsune pointed out. We're used to often seeing colourfills executed with little effort, it's disappointing to see they're now using shortcuts on the more exotic pet colours too.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Felid

Post by Felid »

Kantark wrote:Silver is about as good as a Silver pet gets, and I mean that as a compliment.

Chocolate would be run-of-the-mill if it weren't for the art recycling Nogitsune pointed out. We're used to often seeing colourfills executed with little effort, it's disappointing to see they're now using shortcuts on the more exotic pet colours too.
I do actually like the silver, it's subtle and understated but is somehow "right" and works just as it should....the news that the only remotely creative part of the Chocolate is merely a steal from the Kougra is pretty damning, I mean if it's someone's job to design these colours knowing that there's a huge audience awaiting their efforts you'd think they might take a bit more pride in their work.