Chocolate and Zombie Zafaras

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Chocolate and Zombie Zafaras

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

ImageImage

To my mind the Zombie looks like its mouth is covered in seaweed, and its clothes are nothing special, but the Chocolate is rather cute-- I like the tail.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Plushie Lenny

Re: Chocolate and Zombie Zafaras

Post by Plushie Lenny »

zombie is zombie, beh whats with the beard?
chocolate is just like a brown zafara but with whippped cream and icing, just another "every day" choco pet
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Whats with the Homer Simpson mouth on the zombie? I don't like the dark contrast one bit. Chocolate on the other hand has a pretty tail, but the "fluffy chocolate" chest thing. blech. I'm kinda tired of every chocolate pet having that whipped cream head thing too.
Neither color really does it for me, but they were worth commenting on.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Hah, I called it (sort of), and Larkspurlane too.

Hmm, Zombie would be fine if it weren't for the heavy 5 o'clock shadow which stands out like a sore thumb to me and, judging by comments, everyone reading this thread too. Why oh why did they choose that shade?

Chocolate I quite like - a large dollop of whipped cream (which I'm guessing hasn't just been gakked off another pet this time), nice tail pattern. Opportunities missed, though - why black spots on the ears when other highlights are white chocolate, and the odd chocolate chest fur could've been replaced with something a little more imaginitive - more whipped cream possibly?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
varii

Post by varii »

I hate Zafaras so my opinion may be biased but these are so ugly.

Chocolate is lazy. The back spikes look like they're supposed to be the same stuff as the cream on the head, why couldn't they have used waffle cone or candy corn I don't know. Besides the standard dollop of whip cream there is pretty much nothing that screams chocolate about the pet.

I think Zombie is slightly better in the larger version but poor colour layout on the artists part. I really dislike the symmetrical age spots on the ears.

Zafaras seem to suffer from such a horrible body and face design that I'm not sure there is a colour that would make me like them anyway. :/
rei @ neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Hoh! Those were the colours I said I'd like to see but I'm not exactly floored by how they were rendered. Teal-bearded zombie, what?

Umm. I like how the squiggle on the choco's tail has highlights (except it looks more like gold filigree).
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Chocolate is cool, although the eyes really throw me. It's also got too much fur for a chocolate thing, but oh well. Zombie would be great if it didn't have the five o'clock shadow everyone else is noticing.
Image Image
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger images:

ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
lar

Post by lar »

MY, WHAT A FIVE O'CLOCK SHADOW YOU HAVE!
That's not a zombie, that's a hobo. xD

Chocolate is pretty cute though.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I wonder if zombie looks better naked? The belly should all be that blue, after all. But I still think it's a poor choice. ;)
Image Image
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

By comparison, I guess it makes the chocolate look pretty cute? There's nothing wildly original or interesting about it, just the generic dollop-of-cream and random-drizzles decorations, but I like that shade of brown paired with its belly.

The zombie... eeecch. They didn't try very hard, and there are some pets that clothes will just always look awkward on. My favorite zombie clothes are the old-timey looking ones anyway, like on the ixi and buzz. It looks like they were actually prepared for a funeral.

Also, as others have said, wtf that teal shade. No. Especially with the light colored nose, it looks more like there's an unfortunate hole in its face (which would have been cool for zombie, but I think not what they were going for!)
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Chocolate is decent for chocolate. Zombie is rather blah. Why did they use that darker green? It looks horrible.
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

The first thing I thought when I saw the Zombie was "...Homer Simpson?"
Chocolate is okay.
luvas

Post by luvas »

The tuft of fur ruins an otherwise perfect Chocolate pet...Someones gotta request to TNT to get rid of that patch o' fur for some of the colors, they'd really benefit from it.

The gross dark green is unrealistic for a decomposing rabbit type creature. It would have been a nice example of a Zombie otherwise.

lar wrote: That's not a zombie, that's a hobo. xD
Agreed.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Here are my amazing photoshop skills in an attempt to edit the zombie zafara...

Just made the muzzle a little bit lighter. I still think it looks a little strange.