Skunk and Snot Lenny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Skunk and Snot Lenny

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage

Yay for grayscale skunk?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Scythemantis

Re: Skunk and Snot Lenny

Post by Scythemantis »

Snot is my favorite color after mutant, so I'm a little disappointed at the very minimal, tacked-on gooiness here. At a distance, it can be too easily mistaken for just some pretty lime green lenny. Boo! I realize it's a skinny pet and hard to cram details into, but they could have easily stretched some webs of mucus from the wings to the legs, it would've looked cool!
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

Non-magpie Skunk? Tsk tsk.
Snot is Snot.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Very uninspiring colors... Oh well, they're ok. Not hideous. Not beautiful.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Snot is Snot.
Balderdash! Snot pets are unique and precious snowflakes!

The poogle, for instance, has a slick and rubbery texture which clumps in places, dangles in others. It's quite possibly the most realistically textured of all the snot pets, with its mucus draped very believably over the pet's basic frame. It's sublime.

The Ixi, on the other hand, has a more "cartoonish," splattered sort of surface, but the shading and highlighting is beautifully done, and the more evenly distributed dribbling gives it a unique look among the other snots. I wish more of them looked like this. I love the way it drips over the eye and runs down the hooves, too. The artist really pulled off some subtle depth.

The Uni is an example of a "mushier" snot pet, with a thicker, lumpier, more algae-like texture. I'm not as fond of it as the more elastic snot of the Poogle, but it's a pleasing viscosity in its own regard. The irony of a My Little Pony style pegasus/unicorn hybrid coated in phlegm also makes this the single most novel snot pet.

Now, the Grarrl is ALMOST as minimalist as the lenny, with only a few sparse drips to indicate that it's covered in mucus, but it makes up for it with heavy shading, strategic speckling, and just enough highlight that the mucus appears to be a very transparent layer over the saurian beast. Snot pets like the lenny, kyrii and chia have no excuse not to look this attractive.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like the snot lenny. So... there. The beak is a bit plain, but the drips everywhere else are neat.

Also, the point the white stripe starts at on skunk's face is nice. But it's not really a great skunk pet because we see so little of the white, and the black is so grey. Hard to make it work, I suppose, given how little body the lenny actually has, but... it's still a wee bit disappointing.
Image Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

I don't really like any of these. Snot is just ok, but Nothing I would ever own. The skunk is boring. There is very little white but I suppose that its the best they could do with the small body of the lenny.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

AngharadTy wrote:I like the snot lenny. So... there. The beak is a bit plain, but the drips everywhere else are neat.

Also, the point the white stripe starts at on skunk's face is nice. But it's not really a great skunk pet because we see so little of the white, and the black is so grey. Hard to make it work, I suppose, given how little body the lenny actually has, but... it's still a wee bit disappointing.
Perhaps striped black and white legs could have done something for the fella? :P
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

That'd make it a MM lenny :P

I had a go at a magpie:
Took a bit of liberty with the colours to hint at the bluey-green of real magpies.
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Such a disappointment, i mean OK there OK colours for Lennies but i guess i was expecting much more, Chocolate, even custard! *sigh* until next year then :(
Fury

Post by Fury »

Jazzy wrote:That'd make it a MM lenny :P

I had a go at a magpie:
Took a bit of liberty with the colours to hint at the bluey-green of real magpies.
Aah! I want this one!

:(
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I want that one too, Jazzy! Gosh if only you worked for TNT :( I wanted a Magpie-like Lenny SO much and now I'm really disappointed. Snot is gross as Snot always is, to me.
luvas

Post by luvas »

Jazzy wrote:That'd make it a MM lenny :P

I had a go at a magpie:
That's an exemplary Lennny :D

There's little excuse in my opinion as to why some of our more bland colourfills (Like Snot and Skunk) cannot have a bit of flair to them, especially the Lenny who always thought out of the box with them (Rainbow, Mutant, even Brown), but these new colourfills are OK, if just that. What is really needed is a new Paint Brush or LabRay colour that requires imagination. The long-doormant Lutari Paint Brush, for example, had vibrant patterns, too bad it was too similar to Island.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

That magpie lenny is awesome. Unfortunately, the skunk and snot aren't. Neither of these colors are too interesting to me, and the skunk needs to be a darker shade of grey.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yep, put me down for a Magpie Lenny. The monochrome Lenny is uninspiring. Snot Lenny, as usual, doesn't look like it is covered in or composed of snot in any form I've ever encountered. If they'd've called the colour Gunge (see: late 80's/early 90's kids game shows) or Slime (see: Ghostbusters) it would have been a more fitting description.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark