Darigan and Speckled Chia

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Noble fauf

Darigan and Speckled Chia

Post by Noble fauf »

Well the new chia day colours are out

Image Image

I've always had a distrust for chias (being a lupe fan and all), but the darigan chia looks fairly nice. Though, it looks kind of tyrannian, I like the horns, bat wings, fangs, and scales.

Speckled reminds me of a cucumber.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Darigan and Speckled Chia

Post by TCStarwind »

Speckled is fairly boring, not that there's much you can do with a chia. Darigan is actually pretty nice though. Except for those toenails. They look taped on.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger versions:

ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I can't do anything but lol at the Darigan Chia. It's got this amazingly windswept hair, unusually sleek and well drawn wings, and then a body that could very well be made up of bits of blue play dough. Even the claws on its feet remind me of oddly placed moustaches. Then there's the indication across its chest that it's been the victim of a hit and run. I just don't know what to say or think. Meh?

The speckled chia does look rather fruity. It would like even more so if it didn't have hair.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Darigan somehow gets better for being looked at, and I do rather like the wings. Speckled makes me think of a pineapple, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. But then, I was never really a Chia fan.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

The fact the shading and spots are the same colour on the Darigan bugs the crap out of me, but other then that it's nothing I wouldn't come to expect from Darigan now a days. The colour really doesn't have much of a menace anymore

I like speckled pets, a lot. And I'm liking these new shades of green they're using. I hate Chia's though, so it's a moot point XD Either way, it's not awful but not spectacular either

Overall a boring set of colours, when you consider we could have gotten Chia pop colours
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Huggles' analysis of the darigan is spot on. Especially the toe-moustaches. learn_to_clawz. Plus with those squinted eyes and that determinedly-set mouth and the windswept updo, he looks like he's enduring a blast from a jet engine located 2 feet from his face.

Speckled gets points for having a varied pattern. White feeties. If I absolutely had to chose one of these pets I'd get the speckled and it would be the offspring of a zucchini x some other mysterious sentient legume!

Toe moustaches. Really?
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

I rather like the way the spots are arranged on Speckled. It's like a gradient of sorts, and I like the white feet.
The horns and wings on Darigan actually look really nice, but other than that I can't tell what it's trying to do. Count me in as someone who doesn't like Chias very much [other than Grape and Pea, because their tininess is so cute].
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I think that everyone can agree that the Chia has always been a joke pet but for what it's worth, Darigan actually works pretty well. I love the eye slits, coiffed hair, and fangs

I would kill to see what they would do with Maraquan
Faun

Post by Faun »

Add me to the list of disliking chias but I actually like darigan. I love the hair and wings. I also like the toe moustaches.
Speckled is a very meh colour for me, However, This one is quite nice. I probably wouldnt consider getting any of these.
I would also love to see maraquan. :D
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Beh, speckled is speckled, no big deal, but i does suit the Chia surprisingly well.
Darigan on the other hand is awesome, it is very evil an blue, would never own one though . . .

Overalll good colours, but i wouldve prefered Royal, lol
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

Darigan is...good. I like it, except for the toe 'stache.
Speckled is surprisingly meh, considering we've had nice Speckled pets recently.
Aaaand still no Strawberry Chia.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Darigan, toe-stache aside, is one of the best Chia colours I've ever seen(*).
Speckled is the usual.

(* admittedly there's a very low bar - I really, really dislike Chias)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
luvas

Post by luvas »

Considering the amount of decent wearables the Chia had before today (NONE), and most of its colors being unable to wear anything anyway, these two colors (Specifcally the Darigan) are/is a breath of fresh air, at least to those of us brave enough to own one of those squint-eyed blobs. An obvious amount of effort went into the jaw, horns, hair, wings, body scales... Makes you wonder where this artist was when the new Zafaras and those dreaded Babies were released.

Speckled is not to be scoffed at either, especially when it couldda came out like the Tuskaninny, but all the same these colours are a big treat for a small group of people.
varii

Post by varii »

Hmm. I feel like Darigan is a really good pet except for the fact that it is a Chia and so it is an automatic failure. My brain is really confused.

The claws facing us really do look like a mustache. The foot reminds me of the man from sesame street that always had the misfortune of having Grover as a waiter.
rei @ neopets