Mutant uni

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Purr

Mutant uni

Post by Purr »

Image Image
Well... it's certainly interesting 0-0 Wasn't the potion red before, though? Huh... well *cough* it looks a bit like darigan/tyrannian, with the.. odd horn (well, UC daris have that) and the wings. The toes will take getting used to, and the rear end of it looks kinda small 0-o. I can't say I quite love it, but then again, I don't really like unis. Colors are *cough* nice though, could've been worse. The one eye looks odd too though. *justpostalready* I like the tail though :)

Edit:
Here's the old potion. Red would've been interesting :/
Last edited by Purr on 05 Mar 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Mutant uni

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I have to say, I don't like it. The colours are too garish and I'm not sure what's up with the eye, or the weird little beard thing. The less clashy colour scheme suggested by the previous potion image would have been much more attractive. On the other hand, the tail and the twisted horn are quite well done.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I'm so disappointed. I thought it was going to be red and wicked looking ('cuz of the first released potion) but it just looks completely doofus.

POINTY POOP-HORN, YAY!

It's pretty close to being a redraw though. So why does it fail so hard.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

is it just me or does this uni look like a cyodrake petpet with hair, funky coloring, and four feet ???? and one horn this is BLAH i have seen better pets ! i just hope the mutant wockey is better what a disappointment this uni day! i thought the red potion was exciting at first.
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

At least it's *maybe* better than the unreleased one:
But seriously, Cyodrake head? What the deuce?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like so many elements of the pet--the ruffled mohawk mane, the colors of the wings, the furry underbelly--it's just astonishing how much I dislike the pet overall. It hurts to look at, and not in the way mutants should. It's like if you took a good mutant and mutated it to be un-good.

I am glad it's not red, though.
Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

First reaction is - it's not terrible. It's pleasingly different from the base pet. A mohican haircut on a unicorn is always going to look odd (now there's a sentence I never thought I'd need to write). Should it go to the left of the horn or the right? Either way it would look a bit wrong. And what's with their new obsession with using the same shade of green they use for Snot? I'd like to see the big version to see how well they've done the eye, it's none too clear from the small pic.

So they changed the colour/design of potion, and didn't release the pet on its day? Can we assume it got pulled and redrawn at the eleventh hour? Curious, I wonder why!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Agreed, Ty -- the elements that make it up are cool, but something got messed up in the assembly process. The tail & wings look like afterthoughts.

*shattered dreams* :[

Interesting theory about the last-minute redraw, Kantark. Hmm. I want to see what the original red version looked like, if one existed.

Edit: big version doesn't look so bad, but Houston, we have anatomical issues.

Kewl veining on the wings.

Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I actually kinda like it. I may have to GUP my lab rat and zap for it.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

It has something gargoylish under all that fur. But I think I would have liked it better with two eyes and without the teeth. Two big fangs might have been fine, but the teeth he has now look goofy instead of mutant scary.

I too would love to see the red version.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

The colorscheme is too bright for a mutant, but the artwork is pretty decent. I'm really glad there's another 2.0 uni with a standing foreleg.The moehawk reminds me of a moehog. :P I can't un-see it.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
luvas

Post by luvas »

Marah wrote:It has something gargoylish under all that fur. But I think I would have liked it better with two eyes and without the teeth. Two big fangs might have been fine, but the teeth he has now look goofy instead of mutant scary.

I too would love to see the red version.

ImageImage

Done to the best of my ability.

ImageImage

As for this one, I think it bears too much resemblance to Darigan and Tyrannian. Also, it's feet(?) are horrendous - However I think that's because it's Mutant. I'm not dissing anything on this pet simply because it looks like the artists put effort into this garish beast. Still, a Mutant Uni based on a Donkey or Mule may have been more interesting.

Overall, a welcome addition to the Mutant category...In my book.
varii

Post by varii »

I really, really don't like it. It oddly reminds me of something from Futurama or the Simpsons and I just find it all together unpleasant.
rei @ neopets
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

I don't like it ...
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Why doesn't it have two horns? Alicorns? Whatevers? That would probably be the first thing I would change on a pet called Uni to make it a mutant. I also feel like it should be in an action figure box, with the word extreme written on it somewhere.