New Colour! Relic and Chocolate Shoyrus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Plushie Lenny

New Colour! Relic and Chocolate Shoyrus

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Image Image

Awesome!

Looks like the stone PB has been activated again!

mod edit: I edited in the other new Shoyru color (thank you, JN), since there's no point in having two boards for the same species day.
Last edited by Plushie Lenny on 01 Apr 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larkspurlane

Re: New Colour! Relic!

Post by Larkspurlane »

Heh, I just posted on the april fool's prank thread rambling about how I wish it was a UC-making pb. 'Cuz stone is um, devastatingly uninteresting.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
champagnesoup

Re: New Colour! Relic and Chocolate Shoyrus

Post by champagnesoup »

I love the Chocolate one like, a lot. Not a huge Shoyru fan (I used to be though) but I like it. I am on the fence regarding Relic - it could be a great colour for customising, especially with the Elegant Cobrall wearables so I am intrigued.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Waaaaait... didn't we have a paint brush like this before?
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Statue pets! That actually looks really nice, although it's not a colour I ever would have thought of. It'd be nice if we could get some plant wearables to climb up them... I like both of the colours for today. I can do without the cream blob on the Chocolate, especially since they aren't generally removable, but the wafer wings and the chest heart are both very cute.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
luvas

Post by luvas »

The wafer wings, choco cream, and brownish highlights make the Chocolate Shoyru very convincing. I think that's as good as it's gonna get for Neopets v2.0.

So the newest colour to hit the markets is Relic, eh? (Or should I say, Stone) - I guess since Neopets are all in one position they'd think having a colour that makes them into statues was a good idea. And although I like the idea and the colour on the Shoyru is beautifully done, I'm sure that unless something is done about it (Like if all clothes become greyscale when put on these pets) the bright colours of most wearables will likely contrast and make them rather unconvincing statues. However, there are items (Like that one Medusa-themed NeoCash BG and the recently released Blumaroo Sentinels) that I think give this colour a unique little niche of its own.

My only real complaint is the colour's seeming lack of any logic, but I guess that we will just have to accept that heavy stone statues are yet another sentient organism in Neopia that moves and eats and gets NeoMites, alongside blobs of goop, giant statuettes of candy, and overstuffed animals.

A last note, I think that this colour should be 'ultimate' in some way, like maybe make it a Hidden Tower brush like Royal, or non-labbable and rare like Pirate. Let's face it; the brush itself looks like an epic Artifact.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the BRAND NEW SILICA PAINT BRUSH@!!!!!!!!@!@!!!

Cockbags
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

DamionDarkheart wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the BRAND NEW SILICA PAINT BRUSH@!!!!!!!!@!@!!!

Cockbags
*looks up silica on Wikipedia, is confuzzled-- wouldn't a quartzish pet just look like ice?*
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Chocolate's actually very nice. Looks like someone put effort into it. Yay. :)

I actually really like the relic brush. The shoyru looks very nice in it. I just hope they release it for draiks, yes/yes? I've had to make due with silver since stone's been deactivated for years. Relicdraiknaoplz. Kthx.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

It seems like they revived both glass and stone, in the form of ice and now relic.. It's an interesting idea but I think more could have been done - It'd be cool if they had some moss or rust or little extras like that.

We still don't have plantish pets, do we? Though knowing our luck we'd just get standard pets with a wood texture and green hair. :P
Madge

Post by Madge »

I think Damion's post was basically saying that they've re-released stone with a weird name and so they'll do the same with glass.

I think it's a cool colour, and it definitely can't hurt to have more of them. Though the PB will be hard to come by for several months, I'd wager.

I really wish they'd release a few more colourfills, like teal, maroon, etc - especially if they were a little more common it'd give people more choice about colours for their pets and maybe reduce the inflation of things like brown and white.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

What's this? A converted shoyru I like?! I hope they do more with this brush and make some pets into white marble. (Samothrace, Venus DeMilo, etc.).
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, but like Aqua said, they pretty much covered their "glass" look when they made ice.

I'm not sure why releasing a color that's basically a slightly improved version of an old retired color makes them cockbags, but maybe I'm just not cool enough.
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Here's a Relic shoy for your viewing pleasure: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Adreyah

I like this PB's name, if nothing else.

I'm also annoyed because I had a character idea for a UC grey ixi that was going to be a super purdy grey stag à la Bambi's dad trapped in sculpture form in some old primeval forest of tall pines somewhere blah blah -- and now there's an actual sculpture colour and my idea is ruinedfailedselfice. :D :(
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Faun

Post by Faun »

I love this Idea. Its a nice colour. I want a relic draik too. :(
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter