Grey Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Grey Ogrin

Post by Kamil »

Leaving aside the obligatory whine about 2.0 grey pets, I think the Ogrin suits the new grays - as much as possible, anyway. As a species, they've always struck me as . . . concerned beasties, so adding a bit of woe to the mix worked out fairly well in this case.

I could do without the copper striping, but then I've never been fond of large amounts of that accent, even with 1.0 grays. So all in all, as well as could be expected, I think.

I'll add the big image as soon as one shows up somewhere I can see it. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kantark

Re: Grey Ogrin

Post by Kantark »

Yep, this looks not too shabby from what I can see. I'm also not enamoured with the stripes, I think they'd've blended in a bit more if they'd been a darker grey. It looks suitably miserable, about as well as could be expected without a re-pose. Is that a tear on its cheek? Can't tell on the small view. EDIT: Yes it is, nice touch!

Ah well, the saddest thing about Grey day was the announcement of a sponsor game from Kraft. Ugh :-P
Last edited by Kantark on 18 Apr 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Can we talk about new petpet colours on theme-day colour threads? (christmas, grey day, halloween?)

If the answer is yes,

ImageImage

I get that we're not getting pet redraws any more, but it would be great if petpets got nice ones. That feepit was like greyscaled and then part of its eye was erased to make it look sad or something. :|

The fir's expression is great though. Wish it was more droopy!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I somewhat called it. It's okay, minus the scar-like markings that they call stripes. -shrugs-
I've always had a soft spot for Ogrins, so I do wonder what they would have looked like in the olden days...
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

For post 2.0 greys, it's pretty good. I like the tear a lot for some reason, given they can't do much more with them it's nice to see at least that. It also looks much less stoned then past grey pets so kudos there too

I'm more upset about the petpets. Although I agree the Fir's expression is just precious
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The Feepit looks like it's done a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson. The Fir is much better, though it immediately reminded me of Michael Gove.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Nice shades of gray and copper, all in all a good new grey pet. Ogrins rock!
Haha the grey Fir is adorable!
luvas

Post by luvas »

For a post 2.0 Grey, this is acceptable. The Facial expression is ideal, although I would have liked to see a bit of droopiness with the removable Mane/Mohawk.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Just so I can compare... since I don't see ogrins often:

ImageImage

I didn't notice the tears in the eye before. Originally I was going to argue that this was a completely crappy job.

On the bright side, throw a mas on it, and you have a nice looking set of colors for the body. The hair is clearly tritone on the red, and I had to use a ColorPix to verify for myself that there are indeed three shades of grey in the grey ogrin's mane.... 3c3c3c vs. 373737 :|

So in conclusion, par the course.