Brown and Desert Lutari

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Noble fauf

Brown and Desert Lutari

Post by Noble fauf »

The new lutari colours are out, Brown and Desert

ImageImage

Brown makes for a nice otter. Desert strikes me as a little strange, but I'm not sure why.
Crystalame

Re: Brown and Desert Lutari

Post by Crystalame »

Both look amazing to me. Simple, but still nice. I loooove the shades of brown they chose, they remind me of chocolate.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The Desert looks like the sort of character you'd find on a cereal box, leading kids through awesome adventures of wheat husks and riboflavin.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Jazzy :D :D

In all srsness, I think Desert's clothes are wicked, but both colours are ruined by fugly fists.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

You actually got me to literally laugh out loud with that one. Wow. I agree wholeheartedly though on the desert. Any potential with the nicely elaborate clothes is ruined with those fists. At least, the clothes seem to be nicely done. Little hard to tell with all the details squished. I reserve final judgment until a larger image can be dug up.

As for the brown, are those khaki colored eyes? If so, its a nice choice of color. Stands out from the chocolaty tones without being too garish.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Brown could have a dollop of white poo on its head and it'd be up to spec with most of the chocolate pets. (at issue particularly are the species-typical square bits on its body)

Desert is quite excellent though. :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Seeing them side by side, it's a wonder they didn't bother to color the underside of the desert lutari tan. Unless there are some desert markings hidden under the clothes, it's just a milk chocolate version of its darker chocolate neighbor. The clothes are a more interesting than usual, but I don't like the greenish gold of the jewelry.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Desert is a refreshing change from traditional King-tut/loincloth wear. I do wish the colors were a bit brighter. Brown is actually very nice too. I echo everyone else about the fist killing this pet as a species. Even a Moses walking stick wouldnt've helped much. At least with the desert usul, the stick fits the clutch subtly.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Desert reminds me of Prince of Persia
Image Image
ImageImage
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Looking at these again, I suppose luntari could krawks a run for their money on biggest feet to body ratio on any pets. Seriously, if someone was bored enough to determine which pets do in fact have the biggest feet in proportion to their rest of their body I bet it'd be luntari or krawk. Not even Nimmo have feet that big and they're supposed to be some kind of frog, from what I can tell.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Brown = Otter. That works.

Desert... or should I say Chav (well, it has got a hoodie and lots of gold rings :-P ) looks ok in the small pic. I echo the sentiment about the colours chosen for the base pet being a bit chocolatey - it might've looked better a bit lighter/more sandy coloured. Its tail looks like a mashed-up Mars bar.

Edited to fix late-for-work rush induced typos.
Last edited by Kantark on 20 Apr 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
luvas

Post by luvas »

I've long awaited Brown Lutaris, because that's a 'natural' color, like how Otters look. It looks great :)
The Desert Lutari doesn't look very 'Desert' too me, but that's just fine with me because the clothes look amazing. Reminds me of the Hissi thief Gear, except for Lutaries.

Post by avatarluverscififan »

hmm.... well, i don't quite know what to say. i really am enjoying the browm shades, but i would really like some more interesting lutaris. and i have never liked the desert clothes. lutaris are my favorites, but they have been out of proportion ever since they redrew them. nice eyes, cool browns. thats all i have to say :mrgreen:
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Desert seems a bit more... uh... I was going to say Greek, but I'm not sure that even covers it.

I thought all Desert pets were supposed to look Egyptian?
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger versions:

ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.