Invisible and Sketch Kougra

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Invisible and Sketch Kougra

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

Invisible is, uh, invisible. No shocks there. Sketch looks nice enough, given the limitation of not being transparent - and being shaded. It's not a bad Snow pet, actually :-P. There's a bit of white overspill near the front paws though I suppose this could be due to the small image.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Crystalame

Re: Invisible and Sketch Kougra

Post by Crystalame »

Oh man... really unfortunate selection of colors. Sketch does look pretty good though.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

How sad and disappointing. I know Kougras don't have many colours left, but at least they could have done another Relic pet.

For Sketch, I still don't like the fact that they shade it and it's left back leg seems to blend into the stripe of the right front leg. I really hate that with the new Kougras, but I guess it's better than having a Kougra with 3-Leg Syndrome. =/

Invisible isn't even logically a colour. But the artists really do seem to defy that logic.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Invisible was really well done this time.

:P

I think sketch would have more character if they crosshatched some shading in, rather than illogically cel-shading a colour that's supposed to be sketchy...
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Revamped sketch never feels like sketch anymore...
Haken

Post by Haken »

I really never got the whole invisible colours thing. I mean, it's just a blank transparent box. Before i heard of invisible pets, I always thought that users with invisible pets was just the result of my computer not loading the images...

Anyways, sketch is okay. Though I do agree, it just doesn't seem all too, umm sketchy to me. It really could pass as a snow colour. The sketch lines are basically invisible (at least on my monitor I have to squint to actually see em). But still pretty good compared to the empty box :P
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I guess now invisible pets serve to show off prettier backgrounds. Makes sense. Some of the mall backgrounds are the most well drawn items on the site now. But still, poor shafted kitties.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Can you put clothes on invisible pets? That might be quite interesting (though probably wouldn't work out too well as the clothes are two-dimensional and don't have an 'inside')
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Most of them, no, unless its a background, trinket, etc. There are two glitched species or so though that can wear clothes, and I've seen some neat effects from people exploiting the glitch. Most memorable was someone with an NC mall item that looked like a roving eye (a la Harry Potter's Mad Eye Moody) and a pair of wings. The result was a pair of flapping wings with a giant, roving eye in the center. Was pretty awesome really.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Invisble is beautiful :< I wish they could wear clothes, though. That would be interesting.

Sketch looks more like snow, not sketch >> It's alright, though.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie

Post by avatarluverscififan »

seriously, what is the point of an invisible pet? i sculpt these things at home. how am i supposed to sculp an invisible pet?? sketch is ok. overall, these are both fails.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

I don't care for either one.
Invisible is such a boring color.. and sketch..
well, I have to admit I have ONE sketch pet, but I don't think I'll be keeping her for much longer anyway.
Two thumbs down for kougra day, because it looks like NO effort was put into these colours at ALL.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Looking at the database.... does the invivisble Kougra seriously have eyes when it's not happy?
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... ies=kougra