Zombie and Relic Moehogs

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
luvas

Zombie and Relic Moehogs

Post by luvas »

Image Image

Definitely one of the less well-done Zombies in my opinion. Something just looks unfinished about it...Most likely it's the clothes, but that can be easily remedied. The dark blue/green for the snout and ears also make it unrealistic. The tusks could have been better with some cracks, but at least they're discoloured. However, the dilated, crossed pupils, are a nice touch (It can be seen on these larger images)

I don't like the placing of the Moehog's body on the Relic pedestal/stone - it looks a little off, or lower than it should be. Statues are after all, made to be on the highest spot on a platform, not the middle. Otherwise, it's a believable statue...Although that's really not saying much...I wish the colour could be more exciting somehow!

Ironic that the Moehawk on the Relic Moehog shows more decay than the Moehawk on the Zombie Moehog... :|
Last edited by luvas on 14 May 2010 02:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Zombie and Relic Moehogs

Post by AngharadTy »

The color of brown used for the stains on the red shirt is... terrible. I mean, those two colors have a terrible contrast. Looks ridiculous together. Like you said, it might be a better zombie without the clothing.
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The Zombie...Looks like someone had bloody diarrhea on those clothes. That's all I have to say.
I also don't like the gradient shading on the Relic's body. I'd prefer a more natural shading look to where you can see the weathering of the stone/sculpture.
luvas

Post by luvas »

AngharadTy wrote:The color of brown used for the stains on the red shirt is... terrible. I mean, those two colors have a terrible contrast. Looks ridiculous together. Like you said, it might be a better zombie without the clothing.
Upon further inspection, I find myself agreeing that the stains do look unrealistic. Maybe if they were darker or something. But what really bothered me was the exposed chest.

Pyrostatic wrote:The Zombie...Looks like someone had bloody diarrhea on those clothes. That's all I have to say.
I also don't like the gradient shading on the Relic's body. I'd prefer a more natural shading look to where you can see the weathering of the stone/sculpture.
I believe the gradient shading is a nod to the Stone colour of old, which would make sense, as 'Relic' is a word to describe a piece of history. It almost gives it a surreal, fairy-tale like feel to it.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, gradient fill, that IS a relic! At least it's used in an interesting way.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Im not really too fussed about these colours. Zombie is boring, and the clothes are terrible. And relic is even more boring. :(
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

Nothing impresses me.. I really, really dislike Moehogs, and they didn't do these well. :[ The artists really need to do a better job with paintbrush colours if they want more people to join Neopets.

Post by avatarluverscififan »

ugh. moehogs get uglier and uglier each time i see them. unrealistic relic, the hairs on the ears look way off, the pedestal, everything is just bad. not much to say for zombie exept for i would definitely not be scared of this thing walking down the street late atnight.
Haken

Post by Haken »

As usual I like how the Relic was shaded, but it was poorly placed on the sone D:
The lil strands of hair and such look very inrealistic. A statue with parts as thin as that would break off if a feather landed on it >.>

I realy really HATE the zombie moehog. The colours are terrible. The cloths are terrible, the eyes are terrible. It's overall terrible...
I don't like moehogs and I was hoping to maybe change my views on them, but the more moehogs released, the more I hate em D:
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Why is the zombie smiling?