Camouflage and Gold Koi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kinesthesia

Camouflage and Gold Koi

Post by Kinesthesia »

ImageImage

I love purple color of the Camouflage (of course purple is my favorite color so I'm bias) but the marks on the body and around the eyes seem odd.

Gold doesn't seem really gold to me because of the orange fins.

Clothes

Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Camouflage and Gold Koi

Post by TCStarwind »

Why would a fish go fishing? That's something to break your brain. o_o I like the crown on the other one, though. But is that a dress? Looks kinda stupid...

Camo barely looks like camo. I don't think they pushed the spotting enough. At least it's not horrible. And I can deal with that gold, too. I kinda like the orange fins, and it's a lot better than the butter lupe, so no complaints.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That's a great purple koi. With a bit of a pink rash. Great as a purple koi, though.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Agreed. It's nearly the same shade of purple. I would think that if anything, a camo koi would be blue. The fins on gold are bit too bronze for me, and the highlights don't really make it shiny.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

And don't forget sponge. There are enough shades/hues of purple kois already, and blue or turquoise would certainly make more sense.

A fish going fishing? o_O Cannibalism perhaps?

I actually really like gold for some reason. It stands out instead of being butter, or a trophy. The two tones suit it well.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm not liking the splotches on Camo's face. It looks like drool and...stuff.

I like gold, actually. I like gold and silver pets more when i don't actually expect any kind of metallic tint to them.

And yeah, the fishing pole - that's a bit awkward logistically. The hat doesn't look right either.

Guess it's a good thing the Geodude fists turned me off from the thought of getting a Koi. I used to like the blue and Faerie ones.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well, fish eat other fish all the time. But, you know, that koi's not doing it right.
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

I'm not too fond of the gold, though I can't quite put my finger on why.

The Camo is rather pretty, for a Koi. I agree it might have been better in blues/ turquoises/ greens, though I'm quite fond of the colour purple, and I don't mind the patterning :)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Wow, the Koi - a pet whose colours I wouldn't normally expect to get excited over but I really like both of these. The colours chosen for Camo are some of my favourites - lovely purple/mauve hues and they work well together. And the non-metallic Gold Koi really works - it is, after all, a goldfish :-P If anything maybe the body is a slightly too yellow shade, but it's not a major problem.

Two good colourfills!

EDIT: So two colours I thought were really nice turn out to be more than a little similar to pre-existing Koi colours? *insert emo sigh here*
Last edited by Kantark on 25 May 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I guess for Gold they were going for maybe a goldfish? Dunno.
Camo doesn't even look like camo. How the hell could a fish blend in to it's surroundings if it's purple? Ugh, I hate this colour more and more.

Hope Yurble day is more promising.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I love the colours on camo, though I don't see how it could blend into its surroundings. Ive never really cared much for gold pets, and this pet doesnt really change that.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu...
Image Image
Image Image
And that's entirely ignoring Purple, Orange, Yellow or Split (which is clearly the unholy lovechild of Gold and Camo).
luvas

Post by luvas »

ImageImage
Camouflage is too similar to Purple. When compared side-to-side the differences may look obvious enough, but it still does not do the Koi enough justice. It could have been Bluish/Maractite like the Flotsam, or full of greens to symbolize Seaweed, but hey, I'm no TNT Artist.

That being said, I actually like Gold. Not too shiny, and lots of detail. It makes for a vibrant and realistic Goldfish! :wink:
Haken

Post by Haken »

I somewhat like the purple camo Koi. Most of the purple goes nice together. Not really liking the pinkish splotches as I think it clashes too much.
And it does look very similar to the Purple Koi. If anything, I would have thought they just took the Purple Koi and added splotches to it >.>

Gold looks okay. A lot better than the Gold Lupe from last time -_-
But ya the Orangish yellow they used doesn't really make it look Gold...oh well...
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

I don't like the Camouflage at all ... the took the Purple one and adding some spots !!!! very lazy !!!! it should have been blue/green ...

the Gold is trying to be a goldfish .. I don't know to what extent they succeeded though

http://www.edupics.com/goldfish-t8402.jpg