Chocolate and Strawberry Yurbles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
luvas

Chocolate and Strawberry Yurbles

Post by luvas »

ImageImage
Well, I was not expecting either colour for the Yurble, but both have some pretty strong points about them. The Chocolate Yurble has well thought out sprinkles, cream mane, well-placed vanilla markings, and even chocolate-like shading. Except for the eyes, I am convinced that this critter is really made of Chocolate. It's definitely something I did not expect after their half-assed (For lack of a better phrase) Chocolate Zafara from a few months ago.

The Strawberry Yurble suffers from red, cartoonish-looking fur, but makes up for it with a leafy mane, green paw tips, and well-placed seeds. Reminds me of the Christmas Yurble, but unlike the new Kois, this resemblance is not that big a deal.

I am counting this as a victory for the Yurbles. They lucked out this Pet Day!
EofS

Re: Chocolate and Strawberry Yurbles

Post by EofS »

Oooh, both of these are really, really nice.

Chocolate has lovely shades (I love the cream of the muzzle/stomach and the pale brown around the eyes). Nice little detailing, and the cream is used sensibly given the normal pet design.

And strawberry is a big surprise how nice it is. The leaf patterning on the mane and tail is unexpected and gorgeous. Seeds are placed sensibly, red/green used nicely.

I'm very, very pleasantly surprised, and very impressed.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The detailing on Chocolate looks realistic - even its nose looks like a shiny chocolate button. Strawberry is good, too - effective choice of colours. Both nicely done :-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
jamboree

Post by jamboree »

Wow, Chocolate makes me want a Yurble. I didn't think anything was capable of that.

Strawberry - my first account was in 2000, when I desperately wanted a Strawberry Kau. I can't get over the way they changed the red and green, so I am not the most impartial observer. But I agree that the leafing looks lovey.
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

ohhhhhh these are really really good .. I have a Yurble that I'm willing to zap for chocolate !! .. but I'm not that lucky so I don't think I'll risk it ....

*munches on choco yurble*
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I too can believe that the Chocolate Yurble IS made of chocolate. I think the eyes look fine also. Not too many sprinkles, which I like. A good Chocolate pet. -takes a bite-

This is a nice Strawberry pet. I like the leafy mane and head, and adding green to the paws was an interesting touch. The seeds aren't too badly placed either. -takes a bite-

All in all, good Yurble day.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I really, really want a chocolate yurble now. It just looks so...chocolatey. Strawberry is nice, I wasnt really expecting this colour, so its a nice surprise. I was just expecting a crappy, boring relic.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter