Speckled & Desert JubJubs

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Silent

Speckled & Desert JubJubs

Post by Silent »

Image Image

These two come hot off the press slightly early for Jubbie day. After the rather fine Faerie Skeith and the 2 Yurbles, the Speckled JubJub is really quite poor. The application of the "speckles" is completely flat and 2-dimensional, not following the very obviously rounded contours of a JubJub. The Desert is considerably better, following the near-universal faux Egyptian garb of most Deserts with a rather fine Head-dress, although the off milk-chocolate base colour isn't too inspiring. Also the Desert treatment makes the JubJub look disconcertingly like a decapitated head...or maybe that's just me!
Plushie Lenny

Desert & Speckled JubJub's

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Funny i thought these already existed. . .
Image Image
Silver Link

Re: Desert & Speckled JubJub's

Post by Silver Link »

Speckled is hideous. The green is too light (especially the feet) and clashes horribly with the eyebrows

Desert looks fine, though I don't know how it's able to wear the skirt
Felid

Re: Speckled & Desert JubJub's

Post by Felid »

A few speckled pets (particularly the Kau) are quite well done, even given the limitations of the colour, but the speckled JubJub just looks kinda diseased, or maybe paint-splattered at best, either way it's not exactly a must-have, and yes, it's very flat.

The Desert Headdress is kind of a variant of the Hissi/Elephante Headdress idea and definitely looks good, even though the golden snake at the front is an exact cut-and-paste of the Desert Elephante:
the loin-cloth is a bit pointless though - where exactly is a JubJub's loin??
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Posts merged!

You know, these cut-and-paste parts are really disappointing. Sometimes they're done well, like the faerie skeith, but even then, I wish that they could be entirely original.
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I think Speckled could be quite nice were it not for the feet, which are just disconcerting. Mind you, I'm not sure what I'd do with them that would be any better.

Desert is very cute. I love Desert pets' eyes and Jubjubs' eyes have always been one of their most prominent features. The colours work nicely together and I think the general "cuddliness" of Jubjubs is well played with this one.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

At first I thought the loin cloth was a necklace, and I'm still not sure it isn't. :?

On a related note, is there a stereotype involving the dutch and baked bread? My only experience with dutch baked goods involved almond paste and whipped cream.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

Noble fauf wrote:On a related note, is there a stereotype involving the dutch and baked bread? My only experience with dutch baked goods involved almond paste and whipped cream.
Not to my knowledge? I had a squint at the image--as I thought they could be cheese wheels, which are a Dutch stereotype--and those definitely are baked goods.

Sad! They missed a chance to Neopet-ize these guys.
old world underground where are you now?
luvas

Re: Speckled & Desert JubJubs

Post by luvas »

Desert has nice accessories, and its feet/eyebrows match them, making for an overall acceptable Desert pet.
Speckled is kinda plain, although I don't think it's as 2-dimensional as everyone says it is. The biggest problem is its orange eyebrows.

The Dutch clothes would be cuter on a different species, but who doesn't appreciate the fact there are Dutch-themed clothes to begin with! =D
Faun

Post by Faun »

To be honest, I really don't like either of these colours. Speckled Is horrible, The eyebrows clash and I don't like the colours. Desert Is pretty boring, But its not horrible.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Unari

Post by Unari »

Speckled is boring and flat, and I automatically don't find it pleasing in any way.

Desert is cute, but a bit impossible. How can it walk with the loin cloth? Does it roll to get places instead?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Silent wrote:Also the Desert treatment makes the JubJub look disconcertingly like a decapitated head...or maybe that's just me!

Now I can't unsee that. A little head that sprouted legs!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Speckled is really missing with my vision and the way I'm looking at it. It looks so cross-eyed and just... generally weird. It's just really throwing me off.