Desert and Silver Quiggle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kinesthesia

Desert and Silver Quiggle

Post by Kinesthesia »

Image Image

I really like the Desert clothing simple, nicely detailed and pretty and the base color (though the blue stripes might seem off without the clothes.) but the red and black bracelets don't really match and the yellow eyes make it seem like it has jaundice. Still quite good for a Quiggle.

Silver is silver pretty but kinda pale and not really shiny I thought it was white at first.
Insanitied

Re: Desert and Silver Quiggle

Post by Insanitied »

As a previous lover of Quiggle's i quite like the new colours, including Silver, which has grown on me for some reason.
Desert is nice, detailed but not messy. One of the better Quiggle colours.

And i really like the new clothing, but i can't quite pin point what style it is..
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

I like the desert quiggle but I think it needed something of a head-wear ... the black and red bracelet looks like a goth stud ... not working well with the outfit really ... and the clothes are kinda from the greco-roman egypt (later years) ..
Faun

Post by Faun »

I kind of like both colours. Desert is nice, the clothes are simple and the colours are good. Silver is pale and not very shiny, but its still very pretty.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'm impressed by desert - clothing works well, body colour is nice (blue stripes a little odd but you can't really see them much when clothed)

Silver actually appears to be lead, and therefore will be banned from resale in the EU due to non-compliance with the 'Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2008'
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Desert = WIN I LOVE IT!
Silver looks more like an eraser . . .
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

I love Desert. It is very simple and elegant. <3
lar

Post by lar »

I like desert, which is saying something since quiggles are one of my least favorite species. All the metallic colors in general have been disappointing to me, so I tend to just ignore them; I think I might just have some over-expectation issues.

But, I gotta bring this up... what the hell is with the new clothes sets? Some garish Renaissance faire street walker and her pimp.
That freaking mustache, man. Nightmare fuel.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Silent

Post by Silent »

lar wrote: But, I gotta bring this up... what the hell is with the new clothes sets? Some garish Renaissance faire street walker and her pimp.
That freaking mustache, man. Nightmare fuel.
I hear you.

I'm seeing drunken medieval Bar Wench and 70's Pimp.

All the Pimp Dude Quiggle needs is a Lincoln Continental to complete the look. I have to say I find it quite (unintentionally??) hilarious, although the "Come hither and let me ply you with dubious liquor" look on the female Quiggle is just freakishly wrong, wrong, wrong...
cerpin

Post by cerpin »

I've lost a lot of love for quiggles since the conversion, but I actually kind of like both of these colors. They're not anything I would own, but the soft silver color and the decent desert clothing are pretty nice. I also really love their new clothes - the bar wench is awesome. :D
luvas

Post by luvas »

They really went all-out for the Desert Quiggle. Bad news is, well...Come on, it's a Quiggle.

Silver is more boring than usual for some reason.
lombre

Post by lombre »

As an official quiggle fan, I'm happy to say that I quite like the desert quiggle. Some sort of headgear could have been nice, though that might have run the risk of making it overcrowded and awkward.

Silver is oddly pale. It's appropriately shiny, but it just doesn't look like it's made of silver. I agree with the person that said it almost looks like lead.
jamboree

Post by jamboree »

The Desert Quiggle looks very dashing. The base color is nice and toasty - wish they'd used it on the Desert Jubjub as well (instead of that clay-like shade). Plenty of Greeks and Romans in Egypt, so the toga fits nicely. I too think that the headgear might have been overkill. Plus, in order to have headgear, you kind of need a forehead.

Silver looks decent, though it makes me squint at my monitor and want to adjust the contrast. It's fine, I guess, for what it is.