Royal Kikos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Plushie Lenny

Royal Kikos

Post by Plushie Lenny »

ImageImage

I love the Royalboy, but i think the Royalgirl is bbluergh.
They don't really match each other . . . i cant quite put my finger on why though.
Snowager

Re: Royal Kiko's

Post by Snowager »

Greek mythology? Really? ..

I don't like either of them. Clothing looks ridiculous on Kikos >.< I kinda like the lightning bolt and staff.. but that's about it.
The pink wig looks odd with the clothing on the female. o.o
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Snowager wrote:Greek mythology? Really? ..

I don't like either of them. Clothing looks ridiculous on Kikos >.< I kinda like the lightning bolt and staff.. but that's about it.
agreed, i like the greek god theme, but still, not worth a 12mil PB
luvas

Post by luvas »

Well I don't think it's very fair how epic the Royalboy looks. And he holds a Lightning Bolt?!

The female looks more like a maiden than Royalty, but the clothing is almost equally well done...And even she gets a held object.

No complaints here, except, once again, these aren't very popular as a species to begin with.

Snowager wrote: agreed, i like the greek god theme, but still, not worth a 12mil PB

You mean 1.75 Mill. Don't give them ideas!
Though Royal *should* be the most expensive of all the brushes. I mean, it's ROYAL, for crying out loud. Why should it cost 9 times as much to make your pet into a filthy sea-scoundrel...
Last edited by luvas on 16 Jul 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The eyes seem to be bugging out beneath all that heaving clothing. It's just...eww. One's supposed to be like Altadorian, but the other looks too much like a faerie princess. The different shade of pink hair against a different pink body is really annoying and overwhelming with that colour.

Staff and lightning bolt are cool though. I get what the artist was going for, but I think there's too much hair on the male, and the female is just bleh for reasons stated above.
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 16 Jul 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

Plushie Lenny wrote:

Ik >.< Why can't Neo be more creative nowadays? Back then they had so many good poses for the pets.. - squeels at unreleased UC grey draik and unreleased UC faerie hissi & eyrieeee)
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Snowager wrote:
Plushie Lenny wrote:

Ik >.< Why can't Neo be more creative nowadays? Back then they had so many good poses for the pets.. - squeels at unreleased UC grey draik and unreleased UC faerie hissi & eyrieeee)
I wanted the Faerie Eyrie. So fluffy and adorable. Anatomy may have sucked, but it was better than the stiff ones we have now.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

Snowager wrote: Ik >.< Why can't Neo be more creative nowadays? Back then they had so many good poses for the pets.. - squeels at unreleased UC grey draik and unreleased UC faerie hissi & eyrieeee)
Pyrostatic wrote:I wanted the Faerie Eyrie. So fluffy and adorable. Anatomy may have sucked, but it was better than the stiff ones we have now.
Ik, Look X_X
ImageImage Image

This was pretty cute though
Unreleased snow jubjub

But yeah =\
EofS

Post by EofS »

How exactly do you suggest royal kikos could have been good even with a repose? It's a ball with flippers and a plaster. You can neither particularly repose it or anthropomorphise it.

Given those constraints the royalboy is pretty cool. Royalgirl is.. meh. I think the dress just doesn't work. And it's too pretty-princessy. I love the boy's lightning bolt!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I do like the concept, especially the lightning bolt on the Royalboy, but I just can't get over the creepy boggling eyes/general fugliness of the species :/
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

The royalgirl kiko is a little "meh", but I've never seen a picture of Hera (the wife of Zeus) that made her look epic.

an example of Hera here
http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/1400/1462/hera_2_lg.gif

I suppose not making her pink-ish/fuchsia would have helped her look more like a queen.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Plushie Lenny wrote: agreed, i like the greek god theme, but still, not worth a 12mil PB
Uh, what? Royal brushes are 1.75 million in the Hidden Tower, and a bit less than that on the trading post.

I actually like both of these - but then again, I've always had a soft spot for the silly ickle blobs. I like her . . . well, whatever they call what she's wearing, as well as her staff. And like everyone else, I love his lightning bolt. ♥♥♥
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Masshiro

Post by Masshiro »

If the Kiko is floating, why doesn't their clothing hang down? It should. Instead of, also, magically floating.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Looks like whoever did the kiko day outfits got the memo about clothes hanging down:

Image Image

I like both of these sets more than I like the new royals, although the male isn't bad. I love the lightning bolt.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Royal Kikos

Post by Huggles »

Weird. That girl kiko looks like a much better match to the royalboy. My feelings on Royal as a color have lowered since customization. But, lightning bolts are always pretty cool.