Electric and Tyrannian Grundos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Electric and Tyrannian Grundos

Post by Kamil »

Image Image

What a boring day for the poor grundo. Electric is nice enough, for what it is, but biscuit tyrannian is a complete mess. I honestly thought it was biscuit, until I read the news more carefully.

Seriously? A small horn and two tiny teeth make it tyrannian? Really? x.x I seriously suspect it started life as biscuit, but the color was nixxed for some reason, and so a horn and two teeth were slapped on.

Clothes, for the sake of completeness:

Image Image
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kantark

Re: Electric and Tyrannian Grundos

Post by Kantark »

Yeah, Biscuit was my first assumption (the chocolate-chip coloured eyes don't help matters), then Lost Desert with no clothes, then I read the description. It is very plain for a Tyrannian pet. Electric - possibly slighly darker blue on the body and larger flashes (especially the ones across the chest) would've improved it but it's still good.

I like the clothing - Star Trek-inspired?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ditto on the Biscuit assumption. Kinda looks like Biscuit mated with a Camouflage, given the pattern.
Why couldn't they give the damn thing a cloth thing? I mean, let's be honest, Grundos technically wouldn't have existed in prehistoric times because they're a futuristic pet. But what can I say? Neo logic fails, as they can make 2+2= Fish, and that's considered normal.

As for Electric, at least we know it's Electric and not just standard blue.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

super duper BLAH ICK what were they thinking poor grundos today stinks for you
OctopusSandwich

Post by OctopusSandwich »

Electrics pretty cool but Tyrannian is just boring.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I knew Tyrannian instantly because it's very similar to the acara in coloring and horns. It merely lacks everything else in terms of innovation and style. Electric is nice. I think it's something I would have considered painting my grundo over faerie.
Felid

Post by Felid »

The Tyrannian is sort-of in keeping with the Ty Acara & Blumaroo, and the toes and eyes have been altered along with the addition of teeny-tiny horns & teeth. Still, considering how good some of the other Tyrannian pets are, it's hard to see this rather bland design as anything other than a disappointment.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Electric as a colour I think it suits the Grundo very well, and I like the symmetry of the design too - the fact the the Grundo faces forward more fully than most species helps a lot in this regard....I'd say this is about as good as an Electric Grundo can get really.

As is increasingly the way, the clothes sets are more fun than the colours - two different Ensign Grundo's!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I mean, let's be honest, Grundos technically wouldn't have existed in prehistoric times because they're a futuristic pet.
There's nothing to say a Grundo couldn't have crash-landed in Tyrannia from Doran, although I'll grant that it's fairly unlikely.

Neither of these colours is bad, as such (I like the fangs on the Ty Grundo, and the cyan eyes of Electric look rather good on this species), but they both strike me as "busy artist colours". Which in turn makes me wonder what the artists are busy with at the moment. The next game tournament isn't due until Novemberish, and they could easily reuse graphics for that-- is something about to get a revamp?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

I really don't like it.
They're both really plain. :\
Faun

Post by Faun »

Hmm, I really like electric, but tyrannian is boring. :(
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

Tyrannian is just blah. No leopard skin, no Smilodon teeth, just a horn in the middle of its face.
Electric is Electric.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Electric is nice for electric. Tyrannian is boring and simple, yes, but I kinda like it.
icicledragon4

Post by icicledragon4 »

Electric is nice. I like the shades of blue they used. Tyranian has a nice coloration but it feels as if something is missing. This grundo day had decent colors.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

I expected the usual "ugga-ugga" Tyrannian with a loincloth and a bone mallet or something, but this is just... ugh...
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

MeZergy wrote:I expected the usual "ugga-ugga" Tyrannian with a loincloth and a bone mallet or something, but this is just... ugh...
I have to admit this being a rather strange thought, but... That kind of Tyrannian in the style of the Chia or Mynci might actually be an improvement. At least you'd get some wearables.

I know I saw this pop up in the Active Post list again and I was like "Oooh, a new Tyrannian pet? Gotta click that, might be awesome!" despite having read this topic several times. How completely forgettable.

I do like electric, the eyes suit it well and the colors go well together.