Royal Techo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Noble fauf

Royal Techo

Post by Noble fauf »

For techo day we get Royal.

ImageImage

I do like how the royalgirl techo doesn't have any weird wig or breasts (she's not overtly girly).

Overall I thought the clothing was an interesting mix of mystery island with a little shenkuu.
Pyrostatic

Re: Royal Techo

Post by Pyrostatic »

I would have liked these better if not for the the robes. They feel a bit too out of place. The crowns are fine as well as the rest of the Mystery Island decor and pant/skirt. I think the base colours are fine, and loving the tattoos! Not too bad for Techos. =D
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

wow both of these are nice i was beginning to think techo day was forgotten if i had a side account i would consider getting two techos for a royal pair
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I love the basecolor on the RG. Very subtle and nice use of natural tones. The RB isn't too shabby either, though I'd like a different color on the underbelly. The tail tattoos are a nice touch, though I wonder if the flowers in her eyes bugs the RG.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

... I wonder what that hair and necklace would look like on the rg base? It would get rid of the eye flower, which would certainly be a bonus - and it's really pretty hair, and should go with the girl's clothing. Aside from the ill-placed flower, I really like both of these colors. The base colors are both lovely, and I especially like the subtle tattoos.

Not a bad day for Techos at all.

No, I'm not going to bitch, again, about the lack of fist items. Although I really should. However, there are finally enough things (even if most of them are NC) to stick in fists, and they did give them a species-specific fist item with the boy's clothing*. So, yeah. That part gets a pass too.

Barely. =D

Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oooh! Island royals, yay! I love the tattoos and the garb. I just wish this were the standard for some other color, and not a simple variation. Like, I wish Island Royal were a color unto itself.
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

I lov ethe base of these two, very natural and green :D
BUT I think the clothes look a bit bright in comparison and i don't like the grass skirt/necklace

Overall love the base coours, meh on the clothes

Hurrah for Techo Day! My 5th fave Neoept
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger images:

ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Felid

Post by Felid »

Well, these are a surprise, and a pleasant one at that! Really nice Royal clothes for both RG & RB. Personally I'm not keen on the turquoise base of the RG, and its doesn't relate to the RG clothes either, but the olive green of the RB is fantastic and sets the clothes off really well. I agree that the RG flowers-in-the-eye look, and the head in general is a bit fussy, but presumably the flowers are easily removed. The Polynesian look is enhanced by the tail-tats too....

The standard of outfits released on the pet days has increased massively of late, and the Indiana Jones Techo is just awesome. I can't say the same for the damsel-in-distress Techo, but then I always think that wigs on pets look ludicrous at the best of times.

Overall: Go Techos!
Witchneko

Post by Witchneko »

The RG's skirt-thing feels too short. On the small image; I thought it ended above her 'knee'...basically, the RG is ugly, but the RB is nice. She could have used some eyeliner or eyelashes.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

These are suprisingly pretty - techos are unloved and this will probably cause a wanting boost of them on the PC!
The RB is better, but the RG is pretty too.
Two thumbs up!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Flowers in the eyes notwithstanding, I rather like these. Not a great fan of Techos normally but the RB/RG costumes fit well, rather than just looking slapped on. A success!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
icicledragon4

Post by icicledragon4 »

I like these colors. The crowns are great and the base colors are good. The tribal markings on the tail are a nice touch.
The clothes on the boy are cool but the girl's robes look a bit cluttered. Unlike others I do not dislike the flower by the eye, but it seems like the thing would obsruct her vision.
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

The detail on the clothing and tattoos is impressive. The males especially, but the girl has some nice blue skirt texture too.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

I... I love the... base colors... at least.