Chocolate Tonus and Draiks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Purr

Chocolate Tonus and Draiks

Post by Purr »

Looks like TNT listened to us, and gave us a chocolate draik! 8D

ImageImage
(Thanks to Nogitsune for the larger images/reminders)

Didn't expect a tonu though :O

Draik first, then tonu.
Draik: I'm a bit disappointed, the white chocolate looks a bit too yellow imo. But I do like the eyes. The cherry has a leaf which kind of confused me, looks like whoever picked that cherry took a little bit of the branch o__o Try biting into that. Cream looks like drippy but solid in parts, more like melted ice cream; the sprinkles complete it, but seem copy-and-pasted, like the parts hanging off. The wings/ear webbing wouldn't be complete without the waffle, but the grid on it gives the appearance of being flat with no curves. The cracks are a nice touch though, depending on opinions. The chocolate icing is really nice, the upper tail and wings would look blank without it. Not sure if the claws should be candy corns or not, they seem plain as is but candy corn might've screwed it up. Broken waffle would be nice for the spikes. Overall, it's alright XD

Tonu: The dark browk shading looks a bit off, almost like a chocolate meringue. Once again, it seems to have a bad case of the copy-and-pastes. Claws I am unsure whether they should be candy corns or not. I'm like the ice cream cone horn though :) I was wondering why it was a waffle at first, for something so round, then it hit me XD The tail's cream looks like it's about to fall off, and homg it has a smiley face on it like this: =\ Cute XD There's the same white chocolate swirl on it's side like the chomby, and it has cute knee wrinkles 8D

HOLD ON THERE PARTNER. I just found out that the whipped cream on the draik is a direct copy-and-paste from the shoyru, with only a few edits *shakes head* Lazy TNT...

THE END.
Last edited by Purr on 17 Sep 2010 01:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
invaderhorizongreen

Re: Chocolate Tonus and Draiks

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

both are rather cute but i would rather have the yellowish be white on the draik
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The Draik's white chocolate looks like someone may have pissed in the batch, so...yeah. xD
But I knot Rah will be ecstatic. ^^

Tonu's rather simple, but nice. Not too much, but not too little.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger images:

ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

I actually love these, very very well detailed.
I'm going to laugh at all the people who try and zap their draiks for chocolate - it will be amusing. :P
Excellent day, royal techos + chocolate tonu & draik?
Success. :)
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Oh yeah, good point. Unless TNT decides to make a Chocolate paint brush. I mean, they created that Robot zapper thingamajig (not the lab).
It's either zap a Draik or use the colour-changing flask. o.o;
Rah

Post by Rah »

Or use a FFQ to get it :) Someone I know has been saving her FFQ for like, 2 years now in hopes of this draik! I hope she likes it!

Personally, I freaking love it. WAFLLE WINGS AND EARS OMG AWESOME. I love the consistency of the cream and chocolate sauce. And I've seen plenty of white chocolate over here that colour so that doesn't bother me at all. Wonderful!

I like the wafflecone horn and detail on the tonu :)
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Or a fountain faerie quest. I know of several people that were holding onto one in case of a chocolate draik.

Overall, I'm pleased. I don't plan on owning a chocolate draik (should I ever get a FFQ it's pirate for me all the way) but I can see the appeal. I too wish the belly was a bit more white, but it could be much worse. I wish we had contacts for pets in the same shade as the chocolate pets' eyes.

/edit - I swear Rah's post wasn't there when I started to type mine, lol.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
icicledragon4

Post by icicledragon4 »

I really like these pets. The only thing I don't like about the draik is the whip cream, oh well. The waffel cone details on both are nice touches, as are the chocholate fudge details on their backs. Good work TNT.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I kind of just want to snap the Draik's wings and eat them. So I guess it's good.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Oh yay I've been waiting for the Chocolate Draik to be released, and I'm very pleased with how it came out. I love the wafer wings and I think the melted chocolate dripping over them looks really good. I'll definitely be making Clot into one of these, but I'll need to keep waiting for a FFQ!

The Tonu is nice too, I like the white chocolate patterns on its body, but the dark chocolate looks a bit strange. Compared with the Draik the chocolate on its back just looks really flat. I like the ice crean cone horn, though, that looks pretty nifty.
miracletoast

Post by miracletoast »

Chocolate Draik's whipped cream on its head - copied and pasted from the shoryus. =/

Lazy, lazy.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ah yeah, forgot FFQ! I hope she likes it too! 2 years is a long time to wait. But patience pays off!
Faun

Post by Faun »

...I really want to eat that draik.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kamik

Post by Kamik »

I would eat both.

I like how they used a Ice Cream Cone on the horn of the Tonu. ^_^