Zombie and Speckled Poogles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Purr

Zombie and Speckled Poogles

Post by Purr »

ImageImage

Two rather green poogles this Poogle Day. Let's just say the ONLY thing I'm excited about is being able to create poogles XD

On the zombie, I actually like the tattered ears, but on the big version there appear to be odd blisters on the inside of them; as usual they also have an odd green color. They cut down on liver spots (though who knows whats under that sweaty-looking shirt) which is good, you don't want to outdo the speckled poogle, hehe. The EYES. THE EYES. They're looking other ways for one, don't know if that's good or bad. I think bad, they look mindless... like zombies. Scratch the bad part, I remain neutral. Looks like there's a bit of an eye twitch. He/she is certainly dead.

Speckled is speckled. I wish TNT would vary those...
invaderhorizongreen

Re: Zombie and Speckled Poogles

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i think both are ok but nothing to go crazy over
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like speckled. The white feet are a very nice touch, really.

I also like zombie, although I'm not sure about that shirt.
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Let's be honest, clothes just never look right on a quad pet, be it virtual or real life.

Speckled's okay. The spots seem rather pasted in some parts, mostly the face. But hey, not bad otherwise. I think extra white on the nose and white tipped ears would have been lovely. Maybe I should photoshop it, just for fun. xD
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Is it weird that I miss the poogle teeth? You know, the Jaws? It would be ever so fitting for zombie.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I love the divergent eyes on Zombie, and the nibbled ears look like mushroom caps. The shirt really does look a bit skin-tight though... a Zombie in Lycra?

Speckled has a really weird pattern - with nothing on the top half of its body. Almost as if it has been shielded from the speckles coming from below by the roundness of its body, or from above by its ears/head. But it's still got spots on top of its head and under its belly.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
saluqifreak

Post by saluqifreak »

:? I don't really know about Zombie... My first response was "Ô______ö What the heck is THAT?!" Now I don't hate it anymore, but...I'm just not feeling it... ._. It looks kinda pale, and the green shirt makes it appear at lot less undead to me... :|

The only thing I like about speckeled are the eyes xD The pattern of the spots seems odd, though...
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Not much for the shirt on the zombie either, and I'm sad about the lack of drool. The eyes are great though, as is the color used for the insides of the nicely-tattered ears. Still though, I wanted drool. And Huggles comment makes me wish there had been teeth as well.

Speckled is well... speckled. I like the feet, but the ring of speckles around the face is kinda odd. All over the head but not on the nose? Weird.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I apologise in advance (and if you're outside the UK and don't know who I mean) - this is a little off-topic but it's beginning to bug me. Is anybody else reminded of Richard Hammond whenever they see a Poogle, or it that just me? There's just something about his face that looks decidedly Poogle-ish.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't see the resemblance, but that is hilarious to even try to think of. I'm gonna go stare at poogles now until they transform into Richard Hammond.
Image Image
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Kantark wrote:I apologise in advance (and if you're outside the UK and don't know who I mean) - this is a little off-topic but it's beginning to bug me. Is anybody else reminded of Richard Hammond whenever they see a Poogle, or it that just me? There's just something about his face that looks decidedly Poogle-ish.
I think it's the eyes...
Spoiler: open/close
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Hmm...

Oh, now I see it.
Image Image
lar

Post by lar »

Oh man. I laughed for like a straight minute when I first saw that zombie. Jesus.

HERP DE DERP DE DERPEE DOO.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
saluqifreak

Post by saluqifreak »

Kantark wrote:I apologise in advance (and if you're outside the UK and don't know who I mean) - this is a little off-topic but it's beginning to bug me. Is anybody else reminded of Richard Hammond whenever they see a Poogle, or it that just me? There's just something about his face that looks decidedly Poogle-ish.
:mrgreen: Oh man, I laughed for like ten minutes after I saw the picture... xD They really do look alike!
OK, back to topic... (*giggle* xD) The Zombie face looks more silly/crazy than undead... :S I agree, a mouth sewn shut or at least a frown would have been ten times better. It's a shame there's almost no veining at all (maybe even none) on its body or eyes... ._.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

AngharadTy wrote:Hmm...

Oh, now I see it.
Yay, Oliver!

I think Nogitsune's right, it's the eyes. He has Poogle-eyes. Looking full of child-like excitement, while also managing to look slightly vacant at the same time.