Transparent and Strawberry Skeiths

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Transparent and Strawberry Skeiths

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Purr

Transparent!!! New color! :O

Post by Purr »

MY HEART IS POUNDING. OMG. I LOVE IT

*dies*

/random edition/
Why are there bones in the ears? XD
I wanna see this with a background, what if you could see the background through the skin!??! :O
Last edited by Purr on 25 Sep 2010 01:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
invaderhorizongreen

Re: Transparent!!! New color! :O

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

wow not what i expected i like it now if only we could see this happen to a draik
Purr

Re: Transparent!!! New color! :O

Post by Purr »

Draik shmaik! Who cares about those, this color is epic x___x /owns a draik but wants this color more lol/
invaderhorizongreen

Re: Transparent and Strawberry Skeiths

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i do not like the strawberry one it looks like a sketh rolled around in sesame seeds
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I went like this. o.o O.O!

Yes, there was an exclamation mark. This is awesome. So awesome. So very very awesome.
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Damn, didn't expect Neo to do this. Interesting.
But anyways, Transparent is really cool. I love the Skeith's creepy awesome face. The rest is fine, just...huh. o.o

Strawberry's pretty bleh. I wish there was some green on the feet and hands.
Goldenchaos

Re: Transparent and Strawberry Skieths

Post by Goldenchaos »

Well, THAT was certainly unexpected. I do wish the Strawberry had more to it. I am enjoying Transparent, the only thing I see wrong, well its not WRONG, but would make it better, is making the outline a darker greyishgreen. Other than that. :O Awesome
Image Image
ImageImage
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Wow. That's really interesting... wasn't expecting it.

It kind of grosses me out, to be honest. Skeleton pets would be better than pets with innards. And the skin itself just seems blech to me to imagine. Like it's made of gelatin or something... ewww.

But apart from my own personal nausea, it's a unique concept and a solid new color.

Relic, woodland, transparent-- there's been a glut of new colors released recently.

The strawberry is bad even for a strawberry pet.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

AngharadTy wrote:I went like this. o.o O.O!

Yes, there was an exclamation mark. This is awesome. So awesome. So very very awesome.
Hee! My hand to God, the second I saw this pet I thought, "Ty is going to love the fuck out of this color.". And so she does. =D

For that matter, so do I. My personal pets don't tend to run to this sort of color, but I'm very interested in seeing the possibilities.

So far as this pet in particular goes, I think this is a really good species to debut this color. The Skeith's large belly and thick legs allow the maximum amount of canvas space to show off the heart, the ooey-gooey guts, and then all of the lovely bones on display. And the mouth. Oh em gee, the mouth.

I don't know that I'll like all of them. But I sure like this one. ♥♥♥
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Best color ever!

This is what invisible should have been. Yes, yes. I have heard every argument on the subject, and I still think it's a completely pointless color. But, who cares? You can now see all the stuff your skeith has denied eating from your inventory.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

WOW...just...after customization, i didn't think they'd make such an awesome detailed color like this. But now we have Woodland and THIS. *stares for a while* Wow. Bravo, TNT artists! I hope to see more of these! The JubJub might be particularly interesting, even if "boring" by other standards.

One thing, though...i hadn't expected bones in the ears. Most times in RL creatures, it's soft cartilage or tough skin.

Still, i agree, even with the "hrm, transparent?" paint brush listing, this was totally unexpected. And i am seriously impressed.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Wow. I hope this can be zapped, because I want one of these really really bad. With a proper customisation, it has potential for awesome.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I'll just go turn my skeith into one at the fae- oh right... can't do that... At least the plot is good!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

::reads thread title::

Transparent? Oh, Nogitsune must've meant to put 'invisible', an invisible Skeith, how dull.

::reads first post::

Holy hand-grenade of Antioch! What a great idea! Like some fish and insects, where you can see all their innards. Skeiths are not my favourite species but this still looks interesting - it's one of those rare colours where I can spend several minutes just *looking* at it, there's so much detail (see also: Robot). I love that you can make out the intestines and all the bones - just imagine what they could do with the more alien pets like the Grundo and Aisha.

Yes, I like this!

Strawberry, on the other hand, struggles to compete. But it's a good rendition - it helps that the Skeith is rotund :-) The seeds follow the contours of the body well. Might've benefitted from a leaf or two on the head (which we often get with Strawberry), but that might've looked a bit busy between its ears.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark