Desert and Camo Eyrie

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Snowager

Desert and Camo Eyrie

Post by Snowager »

Image Image

I hate them.
First off; Eyrie are my favorite species, this is such a dissapointment. First with desert, the Beak is just randomly blue, and the headpiece sticks out under the beak. Why!?!? The cobrall, once again is repeated on the head, and it looks downright odd the way it is centered. You can barely see the bracelet on the arm, and the clothing piece is weird.

NOW THE CAMO; it is hideous.
It looks like green and brown boogers. Gross gross gross. A brown would of been nice. The orange beak doesn't go right with the tone either.

So, i'd like the desert as a customization base, without the clothes,
and the camo not at all.
Your thoughts..?
Charlotte

Re: Desert and Camo Eyrie

Post by Charlotte »

I like the Desert Skirt and bracelet. The beak is... strange, and I don't think the headpiece sits quite right, but I like the clothes. If my Eyrie weren't a baby, I'd want the skirt and bracelet for her.

The Camoflague looks icky. Like it jumped into some strange, strange jelly. The greens are too bright for Camo, really, though it's the closest to 'proper' camoflague I remember seeing in a while.
Purr

Post by Purr »

Image Image

For bigger images.

The headpiece on the desert I love, except the random piece coming out from under the head. The eyes are gorgeous, and the armband/kilt are wonderful. The beak is randomly blue though...

Camo = literal vomit.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I love eyries and I have been hoping for a nice colour to paint my blue one.

These are not it. Camo is a splattered mess and the desert eyrie could have been nice except for the blue beak. It is so... blue. Like a smurf. It is just wrong. :(
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like the desert eyrie. The clothes are really nice and it's a nice base color with nice eye makeup. The only thing that keeps me from loving it is the blue beak. It just seems like such a random choice and doesn't work with the rest of it at all.

Don't like the camo at all. Looks like a basic green with mud and grass stains.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Instant reaction to the eyrie is that it's a pretty good job although the blue beak looks out of place. I'm not sure whether they're intending some sort of reference to something with that, because it's completely random otherwise EDIT: See solid_119's post, it is a reference! That makes much more sense now. I think the headscarf works, the part on the Eyrie's body looks consistent, and the cobrall looks fairly centred to me (though ymmv of course). Bracelet makes more sense in the larger view, as Snowager pointed out it's virtually invisible in the small view.

Going against the general consensus I don't think the camo colour scheme is too bad at all - tone a couple of the more lurid green shades down and it'd be about perfect for a flying species. If this was perched in a tree's foliage, you'd never see it!(Though, looking at its position in the Pet size list, it probably wouldn't remain perched in a tree for long)
Last edited by Kantark on 09 Oct 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like the camo eyrie. I like the brighter greens over the usual dark forest shades, and the shading and highlight placement remind me of water. Green water, but water nonetheless. I also like the base colors for the desert eyrie. The blue for the beak is part of the desert scheme, but I can't remember if there's some other association. I like it well enough, although I think it'd look better if the tip of it were black. I don't know why they didn't make ankle cuffs for the poor thing. That seems like the obvious choice, along with a tail ring of some sort.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i think the lost desert is nice but it need more bracelets and i love the eyes that is a wonderful blue camo is interesting not a bad day for this pet
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

I LOVE THE DESERT EYRIE!!

The blue beak and the head-piece under the neck are a reference to the Egyptian Hawk-like diety, Horus ..

here's a picture

The Camo one is really weird though, but knowing me .. .I'll probably paint my Eyrie exactly that loool ...
Haken

Post by Haken »

I actually quite like the Desert Eyrie^^
Mainly the makeup for the eyes. The clothing is rather nice. Though I do think the armband is too small, it would have been real nice if it was bigger as it is pretty, jsut that it is hard to notice. The placement of the headpiece under the neck looks off though. I also think they could have maybe used a different blue for the beak but it doesn't bother me too much :P

Camo is okay. I actually quite like how the orange beak stands out. Though I think they should have done a different shade of green and brown as it doesn't look all that nice in my opinion...
lar

Post by lar »

THANK YOU, solid_119!! Reading through these responses, I was starting to feel crazy for loving the Desert eyrie. xD And frankly, the headdress continuing under the chin doesn't bother me; that's kinda how Egyptian headdresses work. The armband is a tad delicate for the rest of the image, but overall I think desert is very successful.

Camo is camo, however, what can be said. It's not poorly rendered or bad color choices, it's just not very impressive.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I really, really like the desert eyrie. The blue beak is awesome, and the headdress doesn`t bother me.

Camo Is ok, Not great, but not bad.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Camo...yeah, Purr pretty much summed it up. Haha. xD

Desert's not bad, just not memorable in my mind except for the blue beak. Awesome reference!
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

I adore the desert eyrie and quite like the camo.
The desert has some lovely Egyptian references in it, and the earthy browns are lovely. I want me one.
The camo is alight, he is more suited to marsh camo work though :)
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

wow!
I like the desert one, nice colours+clothing 0_o