Woodland & Maractite Aishas

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Woodland & Maractite Aishas

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

Woodland looks rather plain as most of its body is unblemished with the exception of the protruding twig to the right, the tail, and the strange growth on the head. It's a bit difficult to see on the small image, but it looks like there are knots on the front legs. The wood grain markings are otherwise extremely light.
EDIT: The stump on the head is bizarre. I can imagine it growing like antlers into a head-tree which, if left untrimmed, would eventually cause the Aisha to tip over.

Maractite is similarly subdued, certainly when compared to the Usul, although the larger version may offer more detail. EDIT: Larger version is quite nice, the markings on this may impress those who thought the Usul was too busy/bright.
Last edited by Kantark on 04 Jan 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Woodland & Maractite Aishas

Post by AngharadTy »

Woodland is all right, but I'm really weirded out by the chestbranch. Maractite is lovely overall. I rather like the more subdued look here. I wonder what it would be like to pet it.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Aw, a little disappointing. Woodland is lacking a bit of definition or polish. It's a little shiny above the eye, but dull everywhere else. Maractite's good, but it's giving me more of a spacey vibe than underwater. Like the glowy blue Tron stuff, maybe.

I would've liked to see Transparent, but I don't expect them to be rushing those out. After all, TNT has to figure out their own pets' anatomy first.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger images:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Ooo, much like for the Maractite. If I wasn't already happy with my Island Aisha I might go for this.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Why didn't they make the ear stalks into plants? Really, that's not even trying. Maractite is nice though.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Why did maractite's image turn into a gear? I don't remember what causes that. edit: mebbe it was temporary. Ignore me.
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Boo for lack of vines on the woodlans ear stalks. The Maracite, the collar especially, is lovely to me.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

AngharadTy wrote:Why did maractite's image turn into a gear? I don't remember what causes that. edit: mebbe it was temporary. Ignore me.
It's happened now with Woodland too. Hopefully this is only temporary as well.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

I don't like the wood. Poor Aisha got the shaft. They ignored the stalks! I feel they could have done the collar better- making it green or leaves would have been nicer aestetically. Although I do like how the green is juxtaposed to move you in a zig zag across the Aisha.

I like the Meractite, makes me think of Altlantis. Now I'm going to have to watch the movie.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

A gear means the image doesn't exist. There are a lot of bugs with recently released pets, including:
the sad Woodland Aisha (m), angry and ill Christmas Krawk (f), and ill White Ogrin (f) are all missing
the male Royalgirl Xweetok has no eyes in the sad, angry and ill poses
the Chocolate and Transparent Wockies are currently rotating on a daily basis as to which poses are just a pink ruff:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... cies=wocky
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... cies=wocky