Maractite and Chocolate Uni

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Maractite and Chocolate Uni

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage

Clothes:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Elucifer

Re: Maractite and Chocolate Uni

Post by Elucifer »

Maybe it's just me, but on the Chocolate Uni, the designs on the front remind me of an open vest with manly chest hairs. Cannot unseen it now. .-.
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

Hmmm. Chocolate has a candy corn horn, swirls on its chest, and sprinkles on its mane with a cherry on top.
Maractite also has swirls, which grow more and more scarce as one progresses from the back to the front.
Very pretty this year, and I don't even like Unis.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i like both of these but i do not have the lab map and do not want to zap an uni for chocolate. maratite on the other hand i may just shell out the np for that.
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

I...don't really like either of these.

Maracrite has admittedly never been my favorite color- a lot of the pets come off as too crowded/busy with weird designs that don't function as a whole. Parts of the pet are usually nice, such as the wings and horn on the Uni, but overall I get confused.

Chocolate is odd with the random candy corn horn. If they had made the horn white chocolate and ditched the cherry I could say I like it. But considering it's lab-only I was excepting to be wowed like I was with the chocolate Shoyru. The drizzle is decent, but now I see the chest hair reference and it makes me chuckle.

On the upside I'm digging the armour.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Maractite is pretty, and isn't bordering on cluttered like a couple of the Maractites we've had so far. None of those peculiar geometric shapes that I didn't particularly care for either, so win! I never realised how small the Uni's pupils were before, the eye colour in this one really makes it stand out.

Chocolate, again, is very clean and simple on the body. Plenty of cream, white chocolate hooves. It looks suitably appetising :-)

Liking the clothes, esp. the male's armour get-up.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Clockworthy

Post by Clockworthy »

Maracite looks like someone took piping gel and swirled it on a Uni. & Chocolate's mane is a little too busy for me.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I like them both but not enough to get either one.

The candy corn horn, swirly-whipped mane and tail (slightly different shape than normal), and lines of frosting are nifty and not too busy. But thanks a lot for the open vest and chest hair visual!

Maractite has some nice swirls, but they're not as ornate as on some of the other pets. The ones on the face are nice, though. And i like the color progression. The big light eye is a bit off-putting, and it bothers me just enough not to want one while still appreciating that the color exists for it (no threat for me getting yet another Uni - will wait for a Peophin and/or Eyrie or something that looks so fabulous i can't resist).
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

Ive actually adopted a pet, MP it into a Uni and now zapping it for a good colour, all for that lovely armour!
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

The armor is amazing. Too bad I'm not a fan of Unis. But man, it sure does look wicked awesome on them.
Imagine a war story with that.