Robot and Snow Scorchios

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Darigan

Robot and Snow Scorchios

Post by Darigan »

Robot looks very strange, I don't like it.
Snow is snow, but I like the wings and the carrot spikes.

Here are the new clothes:
I like the boy's clothes.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Robot and Snow Scorchios

Post by AngharadTy »

Hmm, Robot doesn't quite work for me in a way I can't pin down. Maybe the segment lines are too thick; they are kind of distracting. Dunno, something is just off. It's good in theory.

I love snow, though. That is an adorable scorchio. The wings are fantastic. Exactly what I'd want to see on a snow dragon.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Weird, Robot does look somewhat like an updated version of the unreleased robot scorchio:

Is that a quill in the boy's hand, or is it a giant jalapeño?
Kari

Post by Kari »

I like the slightly transparent lightbulb spikes on the Robot. Otherwise the lines make it a bit too busy.

The wings on Snow are nice!
derp
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I LOVE the semi-transparent red bits on the Robot! I think it's the roundness and the glaring light areas that make it not work for me otherwise.

As for Snow, it's one of the better Snow pets i've seen. I like the wings! The carrots, shading, and texture are quite nice too.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

When I saw this on the news I immediately didn't take to it, but the larger version changes that...

Love love love the plastic spikes, with that lot all lit up it would look fantastic in the dark :-) Especially if they chased, it'd make a good portable disco. In the daylight it's interesting, the shiny white plastic body panels are well defined but maybe the black bands are a little too thick. It's got a definite Stormtrooper look about it.

Would be interested to see it nekkid (I wonder if the translucent spines come off and just leave the lights?)

EDIT: And then completely forgot about snow. It's good - with lots of carrots and branches for wings. The snow texture is quite detailed but looks a bit drippy rather than the spot-on fluffy snow of the Gnorbu. Fist o' doom really stands out though.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

I like Robot Scorchio's eyes. Evil robot eyes. ^^
I don't really like the thick lines on the belly, but overall, not too bad. It's better than the unreleased version, now that I can compare the two.

Snow wins in my opinion. It looks like it's really made of snow and not just a white blob. The carrots and twig wings are a nice and simple touch. I like that the eyes are actually made of coal.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I loved the Robot Scorchio as soon as I saw it. The wings are so sleek and Virtupets-looking, and I like the translucent headpieces. I wonder what it's like minus casings?

Snow is cute, but nothing to write home about, for me.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

wow that robot is much better then the first attempt that thankfully never came out. and snow is cute but still does not want me to get one of these pets
ShadowHoundoom
Human Avatar: 376364

Post by ShadowHoundoom »

I just have a thing for robot pets, so I'm biased on it. I enjoy the back spines with the wee light bulbs. Very nice~
Could've done without the little line segments and dashes on it, would've made it less crowded.

Snow is well...frozen water. I enjoy the wings~
Subeta/deviantART/Neopets
~Icon by Keshi~
belac127

Post by belac127 »

i like the snow scorchio :). as for the robot... not much.