Maractite and Camouflage Krawks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Xelio

Maractite and Camouflage Krawks

Post by Xelio »

Krawk day brings it's offerings to the throne of Neopets users everywhere.

ImageImage

Maractite looks kinda weird. The colors are lovely as expected, the eyes especially, but that line below the waist throws me off. Not sure what's going on there. Was the artist lazy and forgot to erase all the belly scales? There seems to be a hint of one on the neck. Do love the swirls on the knees and marking along eyebrow ridge.

Camo looks like maybe some kind of caimen? Or something. I do love those eyes, though and can totally seeing that critter blending in with a swamp. I think that krawk is an example of what camouflage pets should be.

Also, we got our clothing sets. I like that they match. The girl's dress covers up the odd sticking out belly nicely, as well. For once a female krawk that doesn't look preggers and is sticking out her gut for all the world to see.

ImageImage
Last edited by Xelio on 15 Apr 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Fury

Re: Maractite and Camouflage Krawks

Post by Fury »

I'm not a Krawk lover but both of these are fantastic colours! Camouflage especially impresses me, I think it looks great.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I love, love, love the Camouflage Krawk, a damn-near-perfect naturalistic set of colours and patterning here. I'm not sure *every* Camo pet should be coloured this way, but a few more realistic colourings definitely wouldn't go amiss.

Maractite is pretty with some really nice swirly patterns, but the line across the abdomen looks a bit odd (I know normal Krawks have these lines, and it's got more further up its chest, but given that the Camo did away with them maybe it would've looked a bit less weird without?)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Maractite looks weird with belly scales and camouflage looks weird without.

But, that said, camouflage is totally awesome and I love it! Aaaah, some days I do regret quitting. Transparent pets, some of the zombies, and now this. Sometimes Neo art is really fantastic.

edit: Okay, maybe I don't play, but I did just turn one of my krawks camouflage because sometimes I like looking at my old pets. Heh.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

If I ever get a krawk, I'm totally painting it camo. That is the most seriously badass thing I've seen come out of neopets in a while. It looks like an actual reptile. Totally in love with this. <3

Maractite is okay. I still wish they'd go back to the more glowy designs of the usul and aisha, though.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Oh WOW at that camouflage. Never wanted a krawk until now. ANYONE HAVE A SPARE KRAWK JUST LAYING AROUND THEY WANT TO DONATE? NO? :( I have no space for one anyway xD
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Is the Camo's belly supposed to be glowing slightly?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
luvas

Post by luvas »

I never liked Maractite - it seems kinda out-of-place, like Gold and Silver. Precious metals are supposed to be rare (even in Neopia according to plots and articles), but Neopets can be literally made of them...?

Now the real reason I logged in, is that freakin' AWESOME Camouflage Krawk to the right. It's realistic-ness is lovely, and reminds me of so many things! It's a Swamp Krawk. It's a 'Predator'. It's Krokorok without the sunglasses!

I am of the belief that there is a single TNT Artist responsible for bringing forth the Camo Krawk, Striped Meerca, Woodland Tonu, and all the other post Neopets 2.0 Pet/Colour combinations that totally break the mold and give new life to the game. He needs to be found, and they'll have to give him or her a PRRRROMOTION!! 8)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

luvas wrote:I never liked Maractite - it seems kinda out-of-place, like Gold and Silver. Precious metals are supposed to be rare (even in Neopia according to plots and articles), but Neopets can be literally made of them...?
Or fruit or stone or wood or fabric or 8-bit pixels or custard or snot or cookie dough or clay or ice or magma or sketchy ink? I think reality has a hard time in Neopia. ;)
Image Image
Shiny Neomysterion

Post by Shiny Neomysterion »

I love the new colours available for the Krawk!
The Camouflage makes him look like a real gator in a way, but the pattern on the Maractite is also a big win. :D
A.K.A.: D-Pad Doc, Neomysterion, The Plushie Ultimatum, and Dr. Meepit Tower et al.
Twitter | Facebook | Neopets (main)
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

that line on the Maractite Krawk belly is really bugging me :shock: