8-bit and Silver Moehog

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

8-bit and Silver Moehog

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage

Pumbaa is that you?

Clothes:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Runic

Re: 8-bit and Silver Moehog

Post by Runic »

This 8-bit fits the true concept; flat and very little shading. But the face is just so awkward, mostly cause of the tusk. Maybe it's just me. o.o
Silver, on the other hand, is very shiny. I like it.

Moehogs have never been my fav.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ooh, is that gradients I see on the silver Moehog?? That's a first! And it came out awesome for it too! Shiny!

8bit, on the other hand, needs more shading on the moehawk, it comes out flat looking.

The clothes are cute!
Image Image
ImageImage
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

8-bit is interesting... I like that it is much more 8-bit than any other the previous ones... and Silver is actually pretty nice looking. Let's hope pets in the shiny colours follow this model.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I wonder if the pet is still 16-bit without the clothes - we could have our first actually 8-bit 8bit! My only gripe with this is with the color choice of the clothes. Did they really have to make green clothes for a red pet? A bit too Christmassy methinks.

Somewhat completely unrelated: Has anyone seen the AC team page? Those darigan cuffs scream UC Darigan Poogle (except red instead of yellow). Hello crappy gradient fill!
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I guessed half right, whoo. I don't care much for the colors used on the 8-bit, but wow is silver shiny, as others have said. It's nice.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yay! Someone has finally nailed Silver! This is Shiny, with a capital S. Hopefully the end of leaden Silver pets?

8-bit has 14 (I think) colours, 26x30px. It's the most feasible 8-bit sprite we've had so far.

On a side note - we've got two colours listed on Neocolours; 8-bit (Chomby, Moehog) and 8bit (Kougra), is that something we've done or is it TNT?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Shiny Neomysterion

Post by Shiny Neomysterion »

I had a prediction that TNT would release an 8-Bit Moehog, yet the Silver Moehog looks trophy-esque in my views.
A.K.A.: D-Pad Doc, Neomysterion, The Plushie Ultimatum, and Dr. Meepit Tower et al.
Twitter | Facebook | Neopets (main)
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Kantark wrote:Yay! Someone has finally nailed Silver! This is Shiny, with a capital S. Hopefully the end of leaden Silver pets?

8-bit has 14 (I think) colours, 26x30px. It's the most feasible 8-bit sprite we've had so far.

On a side note - we've got two colours listed on Neocolours; 8-bit (Chomby, Moehog) and 8bit (Kougra), is that something we've done or is it TNT?
It's on TNT's end. They sometimes alter the last bit a bit. Here's how the url looks in the Neopets news for the Moehog:

http://images.neopets.com/images/nf/ moehog_8-bit_happy.png

And here's how it looks for the Kougra and Chomby:

http://images.neopets.com/images/nf/ kougra_8bit_happy.png
http://images.neopets.com/images/nf/ chomby_8bit_happy.png

They also altered the Royals so that it reads [species]_rb_happy or [species]_rg_happy though it used to be spelled out. Our system simply picks up on the changes (I'm assuming by simply slipping in the information to the generic code).
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

WOW i am not a fan of this pet but all silver pets should look like that! 8 -bit meh! i do not like it at all.
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

8-Bit: Meh. No pets of this colour have been given the thumbs-up by me so far, so I haven't much to say on the Moehog's behalf.

As for Silver--wow! It actually looks very good. Unlike a lot of the other Silver pets, it doesn't look like a piece of lead, not to mention the great shading. I don't like Moehogs, but I hope TNT will make the rest of the unreleased Silver pets as good as this.