Swamp Gas and Skunk Kau

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
DamionDarkheart

Swamp Gas and Skunk Kau

Post by DamionDarkheart »

ImageImage

Skunk is skunk, which I forget exists. But there's a NEW COLOR -- Swamp Gas!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there already a color that turns a pet green with sort of a glowing aura? :wink:
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Reconnection

Re: Swamp Gas and Skunk Kau

Post by Reconnection »

Swamp Gas...? I think the idea is really lame.. but they did make it look kind of cool. Like.. I would love to see a Swamp Gas Hissi since I collect them but it's pretty uncreative. Transparent was awesome. This.. not so much.

They need to finish the other colors before they come out with new ones.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I like the vapour horns of the swamp gas Kau. The only thing about the new color I didn't really like was the name. It could have been named Fart.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Well that's boring! A new colour? Really? Do we even need a new colour? It isn't anything that makes me excited at all, it just makes me cranky. It's not as if the Kau has all the colours already.

At least skunk is aborable.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

skunk is nice for a kau but now i am praying the swamp gas one is a joke and they have a good color planed instead.
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

Nobody understands the beauty of a cow being made entirely of methane; son, I am disappoint.

Anyways, how many colors have we gotten in the last year? 8-bit, Maractite, Woodland and now this. C'mon.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I like the new colours! I'd even like "boring" colours like Teal or Pale Green.

I think the more colours that are available, the more choices people will have about what colours they want to paint their pets. The more choices people have, the less demand will be placed on each individual paint brush. Of course, the paint brush random events won't be correspondingly increased in frequency as new colours are introduced... but fuck it.

Having more colours, especially creative ones (it's nothing like glowing, come on! Magma is far more similar to glowing than this - not in colour but in style. Not to mention ghost is paler bluer glowing with red eyes and a chain motif), gives more options for customisation schemes and everything too.

I mean would you really prefer there to be one new colour every couple of years? I think as long as it doesn't get pushed to ridiculous extremes - like one new colour a week, for example - and the colours remain reasonably distinct, we're ok.

The only bad thing about having so many colours is it makes target zapping more difficult.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

New colours are good for pets that have ALL their colour options exhausted..which I think was the case with the Aisha.
Image Image
ImageImage
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

ah damn, dropped the ball on this one guys. I didn't get to say "custard and snot are custard and snot" for the Kau. Damn!

Well, I must say when I saw the link say "swamp gas" I was wary and expected something awful... but, I actually really like it. Reminds me kind of an asian spirit. And the colour is really neat.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Captain_Awesome wrote:Anyways, how many colors have we gotten in the last year? 8-bit, Maractite, Woodland and now this. C'mon.
TNT has been releasing one new colour every three months. Last year we got Relic, Woodland, Transparent and Maractite. This year so far we got 8-bit and Fart.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Goldenchaos wrote:New colours are good for pets that have ALL their colour options exhausted..which I think was the case with the Aisha.
Exactly! And really, I probablly would have been more excited if it was something I saw as having potential, or something pretty.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

I just figured out what it reminds me of.

The way is shut.
It was made by those who are dead,
and the dead keep it.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I rather like the new color. I'm not sure Swamp Gas is a good name, but I can't really think of anything "nicer" sounding so whatever. The wispy horns are neat and I do enjoy the various greens used on the pet.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

invaderhorizongreen wrote:skunk is nice for a kau but now i am praying the swamp gas one is a joke and they have a good color planed instead.
Are you kidding? Spooky green vapor is an AWESOME color. Another of the few non-mutant colors I love.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The ethereal vapour effect on the Swamp Gas Kau is remarkable, had it been blue-tinted it would've made a fantastic Ghost. But it's called Swamp Gas, and it's that grotty shade of green which seems to be something of a cliche for flatulence in cartoons. So, it's a farty Kau. But why? I'm confused... are they pushing some kind of 'climate change is not man made look at all the farty cows' agenda? Like 8-bit I just don't see where this fits into the world of Neopia - where are the swamps? Are we about to have a grand unveiling of Neopia Central's vast new (hitherto unseen) landfill site?

Still, on the surface it's very well produced (if not pretty as such), and I could imagine it looking really good against a suitable background. I wonder if we'll ever see any more pets painted this way, or if this is a one-joke colour?

And also there's Skunk. Against the detail of Swamp Gas it looks pretty dated already, which is unfortunate because it's pretty good. Not sure why there is no white mark on the left foreleg (it looks like the two marks on the right legs should wrap around so would be visible, but maybe they don't).

Two unpleasantly smelly Kaus today. Peculiar.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark