Swamp Gas and Skunk Tuskaninny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Swamp Gas and Skunk Tuskaninny

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

The Swamp gas Tuskaninny doesn't look too bad, the gas swirls look rather natural. And I like the slight mottled effect on the body.
Skunk is ok, but I find the Tuskaninny's hair tuft a bit distracting, I'm not sure why.
Kantark

Re: Swamp Gas and Skunk Tuskaninny

Post by Kantark »

Swamp Gas and Skunk.... that combo again. Is this becoming a trend?

Swamp Gas - the subtle blotchy patterns on its body and the vapour wisps coming off it are beautifully detailed, it really looks like there has been a lot of care and attention lavished on the design. The colours used give a sense of translucence, especially in the lower half of the Tuskaninny's body. Excellent job, shame about the shade of green but I think I could live with that.

Skunk suffers from being placed next to the more extravagant pet, it's a solid but plain colourfill. The Skunk stripe has a jagged edge which strikes me as a little odd - I'd always thought of the Tuskaninny being smooth-skinned like a seal, yet the jagged edge gives it the impression of thick fur. The tuft on the head looks strangely unattached, as if someone has placed on its head one of those throwing-star things that ninjas used to hurl at each other.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
MalionX

Re: Swamp Gas and Skunk Tuskaninny

Post by MalionX »

swampgas sorta looks like Slimer from ghostbusters