Maraquan and Orange Kacheek

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Maraquan and Orange Kacheek

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

Goldfish Kacheek! It actually doesn't look too bad, the tail fin is nicely transluscent. The head does look a bit off, but I can imagine it's difficult to make it still look like a Kacheek. Though the colouring on its face reminds me of Jelly.
Orange is nice, might have been better if they released a different colour. Two oranges in one day.
Von

Re: Maraquan and Orange Kacheek

Post by Von »

I don't really like the tummy and tail-tip color of the orange Kacheek. Otherwise it's cute.

The Maraquan Kacheek is...really quite silly looking, but at the same time, I find it adorable xD The body is really well drawn in my opinion and I like how detailed it is, too~ :)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I actually really love the Maraquan Kacheek xD Fantail goldfish! I think they did a really good job with it!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Now that's just adorable!! I just morphed my lab rat into a uni in hopes for a maraquan zap. :( Maybe I'll zap for this. *This* reminds me of UC kacheeks!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm torn between "WTF?" and "wow, that's well done." The ear-thing really doesn't work for me, even though it's well-done. I did call Maraquan as one of my predictions, but i was thinking something more along the lines of an otter. I guess the Lutari would make that a bit redundant (like a Mara Uni vs Peophin) though it would still look nice (again, same comparison). But i think the goldfish thing is a creative and unexpected twist. I like the transparency on the fins and tail.

Orange is a pretty solid basic colorfill, not bad at all considering i'm not a fan of orange in general.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:I'm torn between "WTF?" and "wow, that's well done."
Me too - on the one hand it's a well produced Maraquan with an interesting, original concept. On the other hand it does tend to look like a weird Frankenstein Kacheek-goldfish hybrid.

Orange, too.... is this just an unfortunate coincidence or was it half price day at the Kacheek spray tanning salon?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I'm kind of glad Orange was released because I know Snooki's owner was waiting for it xD
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I hate the Maraquan Kacheek. We get so few redraw colors these days, this one looks like bad photoshop. It just looks completely unnatural to me and uncreative, just take the body of a goldfish (already very similar to a koi) and drag the kacheek's head on. Next to the orange it just makes it even worse! We already have Koi and this doesn't improve on that, so I don't understand it. Compared to some of the great maraquans like the Grarrl this is a terrible disappointment.

And orange is orange.
songbird808

Post by songbird808 »

I think people need to stop griping about how the Maraquan one looks! The ears look just a bit off, because they have been converted to gills, fish don't have external ears. Also, the face looks a tad odd because the nose has been removed (fish don't have noses either, after all). With these features in mind, I'm very impressed in the way they handled this transformation. They managed to make it seem possible that it can exist under water, but still be clearly identifiable as a Kacheek
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I think the Maraquan looks pretty bad. The texture combined with the lack of details just make it look unfinished; alongside a pretty poor concept. The head is so awkwardly attached to the body, can you imagine it in any other pose than it currently is? Customisation is no reason for the lack of creativity here - it's just plain lazy.
Subeta: Thomas