Water and Checkered Zafara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Water and Checkered Zafara

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

The Water Zafara looks really nice, the tail almost looks like a few smaller waves rolling together. And I like how they've made the ear spots into bubbles, and there's a nice transparency to the hair on the forehead.
Checkered is ok, I'm not a fan of the colour myself. Though the ear spots look a little off.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Water and Checkered Zafara

Post by AngharadTy »

Aw, I really like the water one. If I still played...
Image Image
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

I agree that the ear spots look weird on the checkered. That was the first thing I noticed.

I personally don't like the Zafara, I've always thought it was too cutesy. I've just started playing again this week and so the water is pretty new to me, but I really like the depth of the blues, and love that they made the eyes green. The transparency is nice, and I completely agree that it's slowly becoming a more and more desirable color for me.
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Aw, now i know which Water pet to aim for, maybe! I might have to come up with a name nodding to a certain Groove Armada song that i associate with Zafaras and Gadgadsbogen. It would go well with the Water theme too. Hm.

Checkered is pretty good for the color. There's at least some contouring to the patches. I agree that the ear spots are a bit too dark, but they're not horrible.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

A Groove Armada song associated with Zafaras? I must've missed that one!

I luff me some Zaffies so I'll admit I'm totally biased, but Water looks great. I like the tuft of Water which looks like a lick of watery flame if there could be such a thing. The darker seabed colouring at the base of the tail and the 'bubble' ear markings are also great touches.

Checkered is generally good, the geometry looks a little off on the vertical part of the tail (not round enough) but on the hands and feet it's spot-on. I agree that the ear spots stand out a bit - maybe a slightly greyer shade would have helped them blend in a bit.

I'm seriously tempted by the Water Zaf.... hmm, how rich am I feeling?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well, it's not directly related to Zafaras, but "At the River (English Riviera Mix)" on Earth Dance 2000 reminds me of the first Gadgadsbogen and the drum-grooving Zafara fun image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHH8wQZ2Xag (a video someone made with the song)

And i've decided the pet i already created for Water (Mooquat) would work as well, name-wise. I don't associate the name with the song, but it's the nickname of another favorite musician from a local band i loved. I'll keep the pet even if not for a Water Zaf. :P
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

That's a great mix of At The River, Fjorab, I've never heard it before (despite having the CD that it's supposedly from... bonus tracks, grumble)

And just to add a bit of on-topicness I checked the price of Water PBs; someone has one up for auction at the mo, a mere snip at 10 mil. Ouch!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, all the PBs i want are at about 10mil, less actually than i thought they'd be, and meaning i might be able to afford them if i sell off all my stocks (regardless of profit). The first time i checked, they were at 40mil.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Sorry that I'm so late in posting this. ;)

The water Zafara looks really nice! The bubbles for ear spots is a really cleaver idea, and the waves on the tail and tuft of fur on the head look great. The only things that bother me are the fact that the highlights on the arms and hands make them look a little too jelly-like, much like the water Wocky. Also, having a bit of a white wave effect on the chest ruff might have been nice. Still, it's a very good release.

The checkered Zafara looks nice too - the checks follow the contours of the body nicely and are colored as to not strain the eyes. I wish the nose was black though; a minor complaint, but there just seems to be a little too many colors on the face.