Maraquan and Eventide Tonus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Maraquan and Eventide Tonus

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage

Clothes:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
MalionX

Re: Maraquan and Eventide Tonus

Post by MalionX »

lol I was 3 minutes late. damn.

(lol and again I posted the news link second.)

Since my opinion has been deleted twice now, I suppose I'll post it here.

I like the Eventide, I think the wideness of the Tonu makes it look like a very nice night sky, and it's lack of arms makes arm placement issues with other pets irrelevant, overall a good colourfill.

Maraquan is nice, but I feel like the Tusks are quite odd... the tusks combined with the horn make the face of the tonu a bit too busy. I feel they should have left the tusks out and made it a manatee pet.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

maybe I'm way off here, I provided a visual aid of what the maraquan would look like without the tusks.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

MalionX wrote:maybe I'm way off here, I provided a visual aid of what the maraquan would look like without the tusks.
I had always figured they'd make the Tonu into a narwhal.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Maraquan is GORGEOUS! It looks really beautiful, and reminds me of old Neopets art!
Runic

Post by Runic »

Jessi wrote:Maraquan is GORGEOUS! It looks really beautiful, and reminds me of old Neopets art!
This x100
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

I refuse to believe the Maraquan Tonu is a converted pet. Its pose and expression are PERFECT. I'd never thought about a Tonu being a bit like a seal, but TNT have executed this idea very well.
I have to say, while all the other pets released recently (including Eventide, which I loathe), there's just one artist who brings us this sort of pet to represent the light at the end of the tunnel of bad artwork.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

Oh god. The Maraquan one is adorable and the most refreshing thing I've seen since the mutant chomby. Do want.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Oh wow! That Maraqua Tonu is beautiful. Really creative and well executed. Bravo!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

When I saw the Maraquan I immediately thought it'd look better without the mane, but thinking about it that would make it look less like a Tonu and more like the Maraquan Tuskaninny. Which has already been done. It's interesting nonetheless.

Eventide is nice and large, I like the reddy-orange outline under the chin as if it's reflecting the sunset colours below. Top of the head seems extra shiny with all those glittering stars. For some reason I've now got 'Little Fluffy Clouds' by the Orb stuck in my head.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, between "there were lots of stars at night" and "purple and red and yellow and...on fire," Eventide does that. Darn it, now you've got me thinking of an Orb/LFC themed name for an eventual Eventide pet. EDIT: Created Ufoff. Hehe, vague enough, but i like it.

I actually love Eventide, though i wish more of the pets would have the colors match the body positions. The Tonu is pretty nice, i guess mostly because there's not much positioning to worry about.

Maraquan is really nice overall. It makes me feel bad that i don't actually like it. The whole shoulder area bothers me a lot, between the weird skinny arm connection and the massive hump coming up around the mane. And yeah, the tusks make it look a little busy. I love the whiskers, expression, hind-body, and coloring, though.
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 24 Feb 2012 09:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Kantark wrote:Eventide is nice and large, I like the reddy-orange outline under the chin as if it's reflecting the sunset colours below.
Agreed. And I like the way its toenails look like foothills (no pun intended) behind which the sun is setting. Very pretty.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Maraquan is gorgeous! The pose looks so flowing and natural and all the little details like the webbed ears are rather nice. One of the best Maraquans we've had in a while.

Eventide's also nice, though the red mane outline bothers me. If it was black, or red at the bottom and blue as it goes up, it would prevent the mane from looking like a cardboard cut-out. Still, there's some very nice shading on this - particularly on the horn and the glow of the sunset on the underbelly.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Fjorab_Teke wrote: EDIT: Created Ufoff. Hehe, vague enough, but i like it.
Heh, now I feel compelled to listen to the whole album. Not that I'm complaining :-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark