Zombie and Ghost Eyrie.

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Zombie and Ghost Eyrie.

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

The Zombie Eyrie looks allright, I like the tattered wings. But the chest fur is a bit distracting, being a solid coour which is right in your face.
Ghost is ghostly.
Kantark

Re: Zombie and Ghost Eyrie.

Post by Kantark »

Odd that we get two similarly-coloured Eyries on the same day... Zombie makes Ghost look rather plain in comparison but they're both okay

Ghost has a nice subtle aura around it and the red eyes look crisp and contrast nicely. Outline possibly a bit on the thick/dark side but it's what we're used to really.
Zombie - I agree the chest ruff dominates and detracts from the nicely torn clothes. The ragged, holey wings are highlights for me.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

I wish Zombie came with "girl" clothes...I don't like the jeans.

The Ghost Eyrie's red eyes aren't obtrusive. I like it.
ImageImage
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

These are nice, but i'm a bit disappointed. They're not spectacular. Zombie looks suitably creepy, lifeless, and decayed. Ghost looks a bit too happy with the default expression - though i've gotten less "ghosts must be depressed-looking" about the color.

I was hoping for at least one of the newer colors, specifically Wraith, Eventide, or even Dimensional. Ah well, more waiting for a nice color-species combo with one of my "must-have" colors.
Dying_Light07

Post by Dying_Light07 »

Ah so Ghost is finally on every Neopet. Eyrie wears it amazingly!

Zombie looks really good and is probably one of my more liked Zombie pets.

Overall they work just fine.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

(To quote someone on the boards when these came out: “You can now paint your Eyrie dead and... dead. That’s nice.”)

Zombie Base: Image

Zombie: The skin on this looks great - nice and mottled. It really does look stitched together. I also like the tattered wings, though the holes on our left side look a bit too uniform. The eyes are nice and soulless and the bags are a nice touch. I’m also fond of the color of the beak. The clothes are nicely torn, though the bottom of the sleeves are too straight. The only thing I wish had been done would be to make the fur, particularly on the ruff and tail, a bit more ragged and messy.
The base has one major problem - the rest of the body is nice and stitched together, but then the parts covered by clothes are totally flat. It's incredibly distracting.

Tl;dr - It does look suitably dead, and everything works together nicely. The base really needs more stitches on it however.

Ghost: I really like the way the colors look on this - it looks so smooth and soft. The eyes are a nice shade, bright without being too red. The expression really could be less happy though - something closer to the zombie’s expression would have been more fitting.

Tl;dr - Very nice colors, though the expression isn’t very impressive.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Mm, I love the zombie base. One of my favorite eyries overall.
Image Image