Wraith and Biscuit Jetsams

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Wraith and Biscuit Jetsams

Post by RNA »

ImageImage
Sorry, no big previews this time :(
Nobody has added them to Dress to Impress yet.

I feel both of these are big downers. I like the concept of a Jetsam, but the base art is so lackluster and kind of flat...this would have been wonderful as a redraw color.
The artist wasted the opportunity of utilizing the Jetsam's eye fins in the Wraith Design. The fin spiral makes it look even more squat.
Biscuit looks like it has a skin disease, especially with the chocolate chips being on its chest.

ImageImage

The new wearables are hideous, especially the "girl" set. The Barbarian set reminds me of the Graverobber from Repo! the Genetic Opera. Does the dress have boobs??? Why can't girl Jetsams have pretty dresses??? Hair doesn't belong on fish!!
ImageImage
Madge

Re: Wraith and Biscuit Jetsams

Post by Madge »

The biscuit just looks so lazy. At least make its dorsal fin look... biscuity? =/

The wig on the barbarian jetsam (actually, the entire outfit) reminds me of 80s metal.
victurtle

Post by victurtle »

Anyone else noticed the Biscuit's mouth is a lot closer to its nose than usual, and it has eyelids for the male?

As a Jetsam lover I had fixed feelings reading the news today, the colours were a bit underwhelming, but my poem got mentioned :D
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

victurtle wrote:Anyone else noticed the Biscuit's mouth is a lot closer to its nose than usual, and it has eyelids for the male?
I hadn't, but you're right - the mouth is closer to the nose than on the basic pet design. Which does raise the question - if you're going to the effort to re-draw the pet, why then do so little with it? A few speckles, a recolour, and less than a dozen chocolate chips in geometric patterns does not a classic make. But I guess trying to improve a Jetsam must seem like a bit of a turd-polishing exercise at the best of times (sorry Jetsam fans :-P ).

Having said that I don't think Wraith is bad at all, and at least it dispenses with the Jetsam's default lecherous expression to give us something that looks genuinely quite fierce.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Dying_Light07

Post by Dying_Light07 »

Ick, what awful looking Jetsams. The Biscuit one looks really really stupid with that half-glazed expression. The chip placement is random and looks bad too. Wraith is probably one of the worst Wraiths in my opinion...This pet had a lot of potential with that color too. Oh well, Jetsam will remain one of my bottom 10 Neopets regardless...
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Gigantic images of doom: ImageImage
(Note: Wraith's mouth is glitched at the moment and doesn't display correctly.)

Wraith: While overall good, something about this bugs me. I think it’s the eyes - if they had kept the more pointed shape of the regular Jetsam, then they might have looked better. The dorsal fin looks really nice. Something about the (correct) mouth bugs me as well, though I can’t place why - maybe it stretches too far back, I don’t know.

Tl;dr - The eyes and mouth could have a better shape to them, but it’s pretty decent overall.

Biscuit: The chips are really oddly placed on this, and it has almost no textures to it. I do like the slightly changed mouth position and half-lidded eyes though - makes it look more vicious.

Tl;dr - Like the lineart change, don’t like the actual color.