Elderly Aishas

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Elderly Aishas

Post by Kantark »

(surprised these haven't been posted yet)

ImageImage

Elderly pets aren't really my cup of tea at all, these two seem pretty well-done though. The squinty expression of the Aisha helps. I like the set of dentures for the elderlygirl, though the heavy black outline of the pet detracts (especially when compared with the outline on the elderlyboy.) The girl's clothing is very nicely detailed.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Pulse

Re: Elderly Aishas

Post by Pulse »

I'm assuming these Neopet colours are for the 80-90 year old demographic on Neopets! lol
kookybloo

Post by kookybloo »

Love the eldfemale's clothes, but the eldmale's base is too similar to Zombie for my taste.
weirdguy

Post by weirdguy »

People keep saying the female one isn't old enough for them, but I think it's fine.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm kinda off put by how different they look. They're supposed to be a pair to some degree, but they look like they were made by two different people (which isn't too surprising, but really come up with some kind of coordination for them). One has colored outlines, the other doesn't. One has more detailed shading/texturing, the other doesn't. The effects on the glasses are different. And the zombie thing isn't helping, either. I never liked this color to begin with, and this isn't going to change my mind.
Madge

Post by Madge »

The brooch on the elderlygirl is such a clever touch. Not sure how I feel about elderly in general but I think these do well for the colour.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Male - This has quite a different style then we're used to for pets; there are colored outlines and the shading is much smoother than usual. Not like this is a bad thing, mind you.

The other thing about this color is that the male is not just old, it's ancient. It reminds me strongly of those 90+ year old grandparents that always seem dangerously frail. The base is good; nice and wrinkled, complete with liver spots and ruffled fur.

Tl;dr - Different than what we're used to seeing, but I really like it.

Female - The body has a really thick, dark outline, especially compared to the male. Odd, seeing as the clothing's outline is not that thick, and the wig actually has colored line art and some really gorgeous, detailed shading. The base is a bit bland, not to mention it clashes slightly with the clothing. I do love using the A as a brooch, however - that was inspired.

Tl;dr - Decent enough, but nothing remarkable.

My biggest problem is that these two are so different; it wouldn't be so bad except that they're were meant to go together to come extent, and yet the art is completely different and the male looks much older than the female.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Since when does two or three sentences warrant a tl;dr? WHAT HAS THE INTERNET BECOME???

tl;dr do short things need a tl;dr

tl;dr y all the tl;drs
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Madge wrote:Since when does two or three sentences warrant a tl;dr? WHAT HAS THE INTERNET BECOME???

tl;dr do short things need a tl;dr

tl;dr y all the tl;drs
I always tl;dr everything, because I just know there's some lazy butts out there that can't be bothered to read 2 or 3 sentences.
...That, and the tl;dr version sums up my overall feelings on the pet, which sometimes is hard to gather from the actual review. :P
Madge

Post by Madge »

That's more what prompted me to post; seems your post would have made perfect sense without the tl;dr labels and just the text.

I'm weird. It's all good.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Judging by some of the news articles and comments I see online these days you could proably make a case that anything that doesn't fit in a tweet needs a tl;dr :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Color Wheel wrote:I always tl;dr everything, because I just know there's some lazy butts out there that can't be bothered to read 2 or 3 sentences.
Real lazy butts will only notice there is a tl;dr in your post if it's in the very last line.