New Paint Brush - Pastel

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Katy... :)

New Paint Brush - Pastel

Post by Katy... :) »

We have a new paint brush!!

You can now have a Pastel Hissi, Gnorbu, Xweetok, or Yurble...
Image Image Image Image

This is very simple, but very pretty. It's probably the girly side of me coming out, but I'm very excited about this.
I think they look very elegant, sweet, and beautifully muted. What do you think?
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
NeonDragonfly

Re: New Paint Brush - Pastel

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Larger images.
Image Image Image Image

I quite like this colour, seems like they've gotten the Spring colours in early. I like the soft colourings, they remind me of Purple Violets and other such sweets. I look forward to seeing what colour combinations they'll use in the future.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really like the colors combinations used in this, very soothing and pretty. However I wish the outline was more pronounced, I don't like how whitewashed these look.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I'm actually the exact opposite of Seerow - The colored outlines are my favorite part, as it truly makes the pet look muted and, well, pastel instead of just a color fill with thick black lines. Perhaps the eyes could have been darked/saturated a smidge to bring them out more, but overall this is a really pretty and perfectly subtle color. And this is one that I can't picture the quality decreasing overtime on, like Eventide has.

Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

So very pretty. I'm one who really likes colored line art. I probably won't get a pet (because my 3 are exactly the colors I want them to be), but I'd really like to get ahold of a brush. It's gorgeous.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

They're all lovely - the gnorbu, especially. I do agree with Seerow with wanting darker outlines.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I love the idea of this! The colours are very pretty. But also agree about the outlines; they're going to clash terribly with any clothes, in my opinion.
Subeta: Thomas
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nice idea, but the Hissi especially looks like they drew it 'normal' and then just applied a 'lighten' filter to the whole thing. Darker outlines would fix this - the density of the Xweetok's nose looks about spot-on. (Or in other words: what Seerow said)

Still, it's always nice to see a new colour. This would do well agains Faerieland- type backgrounds and accessories. To me they just look like foam or marshmallow sweets, they're making me hungry!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

If the brush comes down in price nicely (big if there...) I can see this being a great substitute for faerie - previously that's only really been the way to get gentle, pastelly pets. (Except striped, which I've always hated the default colours on.) So whilst it's not likely to ever tempt me (I don't like pastels much) I can very much see the worth in this. Agreed with (nearly) everyone though that the outlines need to be a little darker or more saturated, just for a little more definition. But not fully black, I think that would look odd.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I think it's really pretty, too! I have always said they need more colourfills - you know, light blue, mauve, etc. So this is pretty neat for me!
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

I love these colours a lot... I tend to favour pastels when I'm colouring things so these just look great to me.
I feel like they'd make more sense released around easter but I can't complain.
KandiKatze

Post by KandiKatze »

I love it!
Really hoping the Kyrii will be pink, like the Xweetok--but without the green.
covet

Post by covet »

I like the colours a lot but I'd like to see how they look in clothes to see if it looks too clashy with primary colours etc.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

They've added a new one to the collection...

Seems like they did better with the outlines. :)
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

dang now the lines are inconsistent. i preferred the lighter outlines lol.