Mutant Xweetok.

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I love it, and I don't normally like Xweetoks. I do love mutants though. Its expressions and poses are great!

"Not the face! Not the face!"
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

Of all the useless updates...

A little birdie (Read: automatic cronjob email that informs me of script execution stuff for debugging purposes) just told me that a couple of minor changes have been made.

Link with old poses!

The idea seems to be that some blue spots have been removed and that the photo has been zoomed. Yeah.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Ooh, it's been reshaded slightly. And had highlights added to the hair. Nice. Subtle, but a definite improvement.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Ooh, and one of the feet in the Angry pose has been redone too! ^^ Yay!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

They listened to Ty, they gave it BONES!

I wish they would have subdued the color more, but I like it much better after the shading and anatomy tweaks.
Amaranthiine

Post by Amaranthiine »

I quite like the color. I wouldn't keep it from the lab, but it definitely shows creativity. Not just your standard 'give it some snot and color it an icky color' mutant. I love the sad pose. :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Ee! An elbow! I've never been so happy to see an elbow in my life. ^_~

I'd be tempted to get one of these now and name it after one of my rats, but I don't think they'd appreciate the sentiment. Hee.
Image Image
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Holy hell, a Xweetok I can actually stand. Them being very nearly my least favorite pets on the site (nothing can beat a Chia, though), I thought it would be impossible for me to see one without wincing at the bad art. So they come along and give us a rat-Xweetok? Wow.

Honestly, I don't much like the blue, but the fact that it's infinately better drawn than every other broken-legged Xweetok out there makes me like it.

I don't think I could ever own it, though, being that I've vowed to never own a Xweetok, plus I already have a Mutant pet. Still, wonderful job turning a crap pet into a very nice one. If only they could redraw the normal Xweetok to, ya know, have <i>bones</i>, maybe I could forgive it's rot-your-teeth cuteness now.

And has anyone else noticed that Mutants are often drawn way better than the normal pet, and have better poses? I wouldn't own an Ixi but for the wonderful Mutant color. Man, I love that pet so much.
Vertalus

Post by Vertalus »

It does look somewhat cartoon 'ratish'(poor rats)

I'm not going to say I love or hate it.
I also just want to add I'm glad my rats look nothing like that
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Vertalus wrote:It does look somewhat cartoon 'ratish'(poor rats)

I'm not going to say I love or hate it.
I also just want to add I'm glad my rats look nothing like that
Ooh, I dunno. I don't think I'd mind too much if I woke up and found one of mine had turned into this ;)
Hi!

mutant xweetox

Post by Hi! »

This pet scares me. I think it's the teeth or something. But its weird cause i love rats
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I like it a lot. It isn't trying to be evil/Darigan, it's just an ugly ol' Mutant!
Image Image Image
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

I like it! Took me a sec to figure out that it was a Xweetok!

Is it picking its nose?!
covetiveness

Post by covetiveness »

I really like this one for some reason. At first I thought the colors were fine, until I saw Stereo's recolor which, in my opinion, looks much better.

But, nevertheless, I have to condemn TNT for this one. Afterall, they had to redeem themselves for the horrible mutant uni they gave us earlier somehow, right? I love how all of the poses have such a distinct personality. Not only that, but the artists seemed to get very into the details, which I like. Though the bites on the ear are switched a bit, I think it's a good example of the detail they tried to put in.

It looks so cute in the beaten pose! It's a pet I would consider getting, if I had the NP.
Current goal: Uhh...
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

covetiveness wrote: But, nevertheless, I have to condemn TNT for this one. Afterall, they had to redeem themselves for the horrible mutant uni they gave us earlier somehow, right?
Er, I must ask. Are you condemning them, or commending them? :wink: Two very different things, my dear.