Desert and Striped Hissi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Here is how it would look beardless (I just couldn't resist a photoshop visit):

Last edited by zebru on 02 May 2006 02:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Heh heh, I'm one of those waiting for Desert. ^^ Valsyra will finally be her right color! I even have the Paintbrush. ^^

Downside is that I won't have a Boochi shield anymore on that account... hmm...

As for the color itself, I'm pretty pleased with it. I like that its a cobra and it looks pretty good, I don't like the beard, but it isn't something that is going to stop me. The stripes on the cobra thing bother me since they seem to break up the picture a bit, but it isn't too bad.

I won't even comment on the utterly wasted Striped version. Meh.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Thank you, zebru. Now I can comment on desert with out going, "WTF?!"

Anyway, desert equals the awesomeness the hissi times about ten. That said, I don't like the beard. Other than that. It's good.

Striped? What striped? I see no striped. *hides it under a door mat*
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The beard is wrong considering how snakes move, although hissi can fly, and not very attractive anyway. It's hood isn't completely connected to its body either, and that kind of bothers me. Still, it's pretty nice even though I'm not running out to get one.

Considering what they've done here and on most striped pets, I suppose anything more than 50k is too much for the brush. *goes grarken crazy*

Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Cobra! :D I'm not sure how I feel about the beard; it'd probably look better without it, but it's not enough to really annoy me or anything. I actually think the combination cobra hood/Egyptian headdress was a pretty neat idea, and that color of brown just plain looks nice on the pet. Pretty solid as far as Desert goes. :)

Striped should've looked like a coral snake or some other real snake; that's all I'm going to say about that, as there's not much to say about it otherwise :P
VanillaCoke

Post by VanillaCoke »

Does stripe mean triangle these days? A king snake would be nice, I don't think you could call it spotted.
Anyway neat desert pet.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Ava wrote:It'd been cool if the striped hissi had red, black, and yellow stripes like a king snake or something. I don't understand why they insist on making all striped pets the same color scheme.
That would be awesome! Or red yellow black, like a coral snake. :D
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Twofold Black wrote:Would it help to think of it as a fake beard? It doesn't behave like one, but the ancient Egyptians were really in to their fake hair; I'm not sure they ever wore real beards of that type at all.
I was under the impression that ancient Egyptians only got those fake beards if they couldn't grow theirs out like that? Unless I'm mistaken...

Also, holy crap it has a beard! I completely missed that before :P
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Striped is dead to me, do you hear, DEAD TO ME!

*glares and mutters about wasted opportunities*

On the other hand, I think I like desert - probably not enough to hand paint it, but enough to not be sad if I end up with a zapped one.

Huh. I wonder if it'll be popular enough to inflate LDPB prices. . . . Hope so, because: *invests*

Now if inflation will work on my side, just this once. x_x
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

I have to say striped looks cool as a coral snake. :) Good call to whomever suggested it. I just did an edit of one in PhotoShop. Too bad PhotoBucket isn't loading for me at the moment; otherwise I'd post it.

Edit:
Here it is:
I messed up on the head because real coral snakes are like that, but the hissi isn't long enough for that. I need to go back to that later.

Red to yellow, kill a fellow.
Red to black, okay jack.
gidget

Post by gidget »

I love the Desert Hissi. Not quite enough to pay for one. But enough to consider keeping if I labbed it. (I don't care for pets whose size isn't consistant from regular to battledome poses. Just a pet irk of mine.)

I loathe the striped. It should have been a coral snake. Huuuuuuge miss for TNT on that opportunity.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I love your coral snake Lakota! :D
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Lakota wrote:I have to say striped looks cool as a coral snake. :) Good call to whomever suggested it. I just did an edit of one in PhotoShop. Too bad PhotoBucket isn't loading for me at the moment; otherwise I'd post it.

Edit:
Here it is:
I messed up on the head because real coral snakes are like that, but the hissi isn't long enough for that. I need to go back to that later.

Red to yellow, kill a fellow.
Red to black, okay jack.
That's awesome! I would actually consider getting a Striped Hissi if they looked like that :)
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I lurve the Desert Hissi. Nice stuff. *glares at the "Desert" Tuskaninny and Wocky*

Striped is fine with me. Cheap color, cheap pet, I guess*. *shrugs*

*And, no, I don't mean that price wise. Most of the Striped pets look downright lazy.
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

O...M...G I LOVE the desert hissi! Especialy the fake beard! <3 I don't understand why it's hated. In Egypt the Fake beard was for one thing a sigh of royalty only the Pharoahs were suppose to wear it same with the head-dress. Since normal beards were taboo in the later years of Egypt cause they became clean ubsessors. So facial hair was a nono so Fake hair it was. <3

Now i'm really in a tizzy on what todo with Viper my hissi Osh darn you neo I wanted a Desert DRAIK! Not a Desert Hissi! >_<