Pirate Gnorbu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I like it, really. It is nice and malevolent looking and piratey.

I always prefered the pun Orlando Bloomaroo.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

It is strangely cool. I like it.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

Indeed. I like it too.

I think it's the bandanna and the tattoo, but he does look like a biker. Maybe that's why I like it. This might be an acceptable look for Gnick the Gnorbu but the chances of him getting zapped into something other than a gnorbu are too great, and I can't afford a pirate PB. He can stay blue for now.
Rivka

Post by Rivka »

... I love the beads in the ruff.

I adore it. I don't know why. I just do.

-happy squees-
BishtrainerTai

Post by BishtrainerTai »

What a lazy pet. This thing has a beard; lots of hair! It would have been neat if it's mane was scraggly and dirty. All it has are a few beads. (PotC had a ton of other pirates' costumes to refer from, why Jack Sparrow?)

The skull and crossbones is cute, but it's too cute alredy. Make it a scar, and it'd look less like a Chomby.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm not sure what I think.. pirate colours look nice on gnorbu...
Battleposes look particularly hippy/biker as the fringe escapes the band on his head.

Beads do scream PoTC but in a lousy way. Gnorbu isn't something I would put in Jack's boots...

All around it isn't a bad pirate pet. Very seggmented post I know, don't remember last time I felt this undecided about the pet.. *scratches head*
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

It's good for a Gnorbu, and it's a strong addition to the pirates. I love the what they have done with the mane and the skull, and I really like the expression in happy and circle!

(Keep up the surly pirates TNT)
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I like it. Could use a little more bling, but it's got style. I'm glad they kept consistency with the peg leg and the left/right poses.
Deku

Post by Deku »

Wow, it's a........Gnorbu. And it's Pirate. Two things I don't really like.

Maybe it's like how two negative things make a positive (...in maths), this is really good. I love the tatoo, the pegleg is cute, the other accessories are nice. I wouldn't mind owning this...not at all.

8/10.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

I like it, too. I like pirates generally, and the little wooden peg-leg maked the ranged attack pose of the gnorbu look a bit less awkward.

And the beads are in really nice colours - I approve.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I like it. I like Gnorbus in general and I don't mind it not being so much of a redraw, it doesn't need a complete reposing. Also, Gnorbu have many nice redraws for a pet that barely exists for five months.
This one has nice colours and nice little acessories, and a grim look in the circle post, and that's all I really ask of a pirate.
LΟL
Atthis

Post by Atthis »

BishtrainerTai wrote:(PotC had a ton of other pirates' costumes to refer from, why Jack Sparrow?)
Presumably because of the beads in the beard/mane. Other than that it just has all the usually pasted on things that pirates supposedly have.

I never realised there were so many non-redraw pirates, for the price of the brush you'd expect it to be an almost exclusively redraw colour. Chalk down another pb whose potential has been mostly wasted, this time in favour of pasted on peg legs, earrings and bandanas. I nearly typed bananas then.
mentalfloss

Post by mentalfloss »

Meh. :\ So-so. Yay, because we get another pirate pet, and TNT's been lacking in pirates since the last plot, but ugh, because its a Gnorbu.

Whoever mentioned Blackbeard, yes, he'd braid burning ropes into his hair and beans, tying them in with little red bows. x) Really awesome. They could d that with the gnorbu, man. And just give it a sort of fearsome look instead of an angry eyebrow on a dopey llama wannabe.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Captain Jack Gnorbu! I actually kind of like it. The beads are a nice touch, even if they are a ripoff, and the little itty bitty peg leg is cute. That said, it's still not a redraw, and I don't like it <i>that</i> much.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I like it.
But I think there are too much peglegged pets for my taste.
TNT didn't have to use it in almost every pet.